Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Top 5 Players From Last Night's Win

+2 HS
nafimafi's picture
September 4, 2022 at 2:55pm
23 Comments

just based off initial thoughts. I havent re-watched the game yet, so this will probably change. Just who jumped off the screen last night in my opinion.

1. Mike Hall: He looked extremely disruptive, athletic, and strong. He was consistently shedding blocks against a good ND o line and wreaking havoc in the backfield. Ive always said I think he will be the best DT on the team, and it seems like he now has a chance to be that. Im happy for him.

2. Lathan Ransom: After Proctor missed the tackle at the beginning, it seemed like Ransom replaced him for much of the game and damn... he played extremely well. He was flying to the ball, making strong tackles, showing speed and awareness. He could very well be the guy moving forward. Other than the penalty, I think he played an A+ game.

3. Tommy Eichenberg: Absolute dawg. His blitzes and hits were on some savage mode last night, and it was awesome to see us finally have a linebacker with some grit. He was diagnosing reads consistently throughout the night, running to the ball carrier, and hitting them with immense force. In my opinion, he should be a 3 down backer

4. Steele Chambers: I thought he was playing, like Tommy, with great speed, strength, and awareness. Seemed like he was always in the right spot. Other than a missed read here and there, he had an overall A game. Moving forward it seems like we finally have our ILBs in Steele and Tommy. Tommy can thump. Steele can run.

5. Miyan Williams/Jesse Mirco: He ran like prime Carlos Hyde/Zeke last night. He wore the ND defense down, ran angry, and made sure people knew osu wasnt as soft as they were perceived. Mirco was punting at an elite level last night, allowing OSU to win the field position battle and put Eichner and ND in some tough starting positions.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments