Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Individual Matchups You're Most Interested in Against Notre Dame?

+3 HS
buckslan's picture
August 31, 2022 at 8:05pm
30 Comments

Doesn't feel like there's been much discussion about the one on one matchups we'll see this weekend so I feel like sharing some I'll be paying attention to.

Paris Johnson and Dawand Jones against Isaiah Foskey. ND has a talented DE, possible 1st round pick. It'll be a great test to see if Dawand has gotten better against great pass rushers, as well as Paris Johnson in his first start at left tackle.

Steele Chambers and Tommy Eichenberg against Tyler Buchner's legs and Chris Tyree. This might be the fastest backfield those 2 linebackers will see possibly up until they run into JJ McCarthy/Blake Corum. Tyree is a speedster out of the backfield and Buchner can run. Both LBers will need to be on their A game and showcase great sideline to sideline speed, because I think they will see a fair amount of RPO's.

Jaxon Smith-Njigba vs whatever poor soul is ND's slot corner. Could be the biggest mismatch on the field, and CJ Stroud will no doubt be looking for him early and often.

Michael Mayer against some combination of Chambers/Kourt Williams/Proctor/McCallister. Mayer is elite and a mismatch nightmare, but I'm confident Knowles knows how good Mayer is and has plans to eliminate ND's best offensive weapon.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments