Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week's Question: What is the Most Ridiculous Excuse You Have Made for an Ohio State Loss?

George Eisner's picture
July 25, 2022 at 8:00am
51 Comments

Good morning, Eleven Warriors!

Last week on /r/CFB, an incredible post attempted to bridge a connection between an episode of The Big Bang Theory and Nebraska football's dramatic decline in performance over the last decade plus.

Not content with the idea of William Shatner's Priceline replacement and "the short nerd from Roseanne" holding responsibility for the Cornhuskers' fall from grace, another post in the thread instead advocated that it was King of the Hill actually responsible for the demise of football in Lincoln, NE.

This bout of excuse-making on behalf of Nebraska fans prompted me to consider the most absurd reasoning I have used to convince myself of a Buckeye football shortcoming.

So for this week's question, please let the world know, what is the most ridiculous excuse you have made for an Ohio State loss?

While off the top of my head I don't have any television shows to blame for my favorite team's performance, I will always firmly advocate to Florida fans that Ohio State only lost the 2007 National Championship because Ted Ginn Jr. wasn't available after the opening kickoff.

Would the Buckeyes have won that game if my favorite player in Ohio State football's storied history had the chance to line up for a single snap? After scoring roughly half the team's points for the entire contest in just 16 seconds? We will never know, and "we" includes every SEC apologist ever.

But what about you? What is your most outlandish rationalization relative to a blemish in Buckeye football?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments