Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2021 TAILGATE FARE: BOWL GAME EDITION

+9 HS
osurox's picture
January 1, 2022 at 9:19am
10 Comments

Good Morning Dubbers, and Happy New Year! Sorry this is late, but life/work happened and I was swamped all week through yesterday.

Sadly, this is it for the Bucks. Granted it's the Rose Bowl, but The Grandaddy if them All isn't what it used to be. Atleast we got to see the scumbags get humiliated last night! I hope our defenseive issues have been fixed, but I'm not holding my breath. This game is going to be close, as this is Utah's super bowl. I still think the Bucks pull it out, as our offense will still be humming even without Olave and Wilson.

Today, I'm smoking a pork butt, but doing it differently... the real recipe I want to share is one of God's greatest gifts: burnt ends.

Ingedients:

Pork butt roast
Sweet and smokey rub
Bbq sauce
Honey
Brown sugar
Butter
Aluminum pans
Tinfoil

Directions:

Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees.

Cut pork butt into 1'' x 1'' pieces. Put pieces into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle rub over the top and coat each side of the pieces with. Put directly on smoker racks. Repeat until all pieces have the rub on them.

Smoke for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until they have a nice bark on them. Remove from smoker and place in two aluminum pans about 9'' x 13'' pans.

Mix together BBQ sauce, honey and brown sugar in mixing bowl. Divide between to pans. Toss to coat pork pieces. Top with cubes of butter in each pan. Cover pans with tinfoil.

Place back on smoker for 1 1/2 hours, stirring every half hour, or until internal temperature reaches 190 degrees F. Remove from smoker and serve immediately.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments