Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Georgia is Officially on Notice

+7 HS
SweaterVest614's picture
November 20, 2021 at 5:24pm
67 Comments

Wow. Just Wow. 

I'm sure part of this is recency bias, but good Lord that might have been the most dominant half of football I've ever seen. Ryan Day did literally whatever he wanted today with little to no resistance. Damn! Georgia is absolutely on notice! 

I was at the Oregon game and the Tulsa game this year, and after watching the way CJ played against those two teams, I genuinely thought to myself, "Wow, maybe this will actually be on off-year for us." Obviously, I couldn't have been more wrong! He is clearly the best QB in the nation, and his stats reflect that. This is the best I've felt about an Ohio State player's chances to take home the Heisman in a long time. His throws are pinpoint accurate, and as the broadcast crew did a good job of highlighting today, he's also really good at using his eyes to manipulate the defense. Does MSU have the worst pass defense in the FBS? Well, yes, but to be as good as he was today is STILL very rare and shows his talent. 

TreVeyon Henderson is the most talented running back I've ever seen in my life. Straight up. I'd take him over Zeke, Dobbins; you name it! He's beyond fast, and is more shifty than people give him credit for. He's also extremely difficult to tackle, and he seems to always put his head down to fight for those crucial extra yards after contact. Now, yes he's very young and needs to improve his vision and his patience (which shows at times) but we also have Miyan Williams in that backfield! Are you kidding me? He's also an incredible back! 

What more do we have to say about these receivers... I mean, come on now. Is this even fair anymore? Pardon my French; how in the actual f*** is a defense supposed to effectively cover Olave, Wilson and Smith-Njigba at the same time? I mean WOW!

And although our O-line has had problems this year, you can't argue that the talent is there, and they seemed to have accounted for many of the mistakes that have been costing us especially in the red zone. These slobs are NASTY! They've started generating push in the run game and have been excellent in pass pro seemingly from the getgo. 

All in all, it's a genuine possibility that we have the best QB, RBs, WRs and O-line in the nation. At. The. Same. Time.

Nothing is guaranteed! TTUN does actually look like a complete team with an actual identity to build on this year, and we all know that rankings/talent/records often mean less in The Game. Wisconsin hasn't consistently been able to hang with us in the past, but getting your ass kicked in the Big Ten Championship game year after year after year has to light a fire under your ass. If they make it out of the West, they will be hungry, and that will be a challenge. And aside from Georgia, many other playoff contenders also look formidable. Yes, Bama has shown some potential chinks in the armor, but we all know how well-coached and talented that team is. Like OSU, they have also had time to correct some of the issues they've had early in the season. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but in my ever-so-humble opinion, if the Death Machine that is our offense continues to fire on all cylinders and play clean, mistake free, disciplined football, it may well be that none of that will matter. Defensive struggles be damned, just out-score 'em.

Go bucks. Here's to Ryan Day holding true to his word and legitimately scoring triple digits on those whiny punks up North. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments