Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Incredible Story of Chris Booker

+15 HS
Silver Sniper's picture
November 19, 2021 at 3:17am
8 Comments

I was rewatching the OSU-Purdue game when I noticed someone on the opening kickoff with the number 86 and the name Booker that flew down the field from the left flank and made a sure tackle on the returner stopping him in his tracks at the 19. I was trying to think who that was but continued to watch. I got to the kickoff later in the game with the faux-fair catch and there was Booker again making the tackle on the returner that forced the fumble recovered by Gaoteote. This time I was impressed enough to whip out my phone and find his full name on the roster followed by a Google search. Turns out, Chris Booker is a walk-on with an incredibly unlikely path to starting special teams player at OSU that includes the rare distinction of having been a teammate of both Ezekiel Elliott and Justin Fields. Dan Hope did a great story on him and I found an impressive interview on YouTube as well, both posted below. You have to at least give the article a quick read to see how crazy it is how he went from Ohio State student enjoying the campus life and playing flag football, to starter at OSU. It’s a path I could have only dreamed of as a college student and I admire the work he put in to reach this point. More to come from Mr. Booker, who was awarded Special Teams Player of the Game for his efforts against Purdue. While this is his final year of eligibility, I have the feeling he has a lot of football life in front of him if he chooses. Wanted to share (or re-share if you remember the article) his amazing story with you.

Dan Hope Article: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2020/10/117621/hard-w...

YouTube Interview: https://youtu.be/e7H556iuNao

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments