Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2021 TAILGATE FARE - WEEK 12 VS. SPARTY

+12 HS
osurox's picture
November 18, 2021 at 11:35am
21 Comments

Good Morning Dubbers! On tap this week is Sparty, with it's #1 ranked pass rush (in today's skully) yet is dead last in pass defense - not sure how you manage that...apparently it's enough for some to want to offer you $94 million. Yikes!

The Bucks are still # 4 in the playoff rankings, and control their own destiny. Win out and their in...but Sparty has a history of crushing upsets, derailing national title hopes for the Bucks (98, 2015....makes me sick to think about). However, I do not believe we will come out flat, but rather, with something to prove. Day's teams have a history of peaking at the right times, and even though we have Hate Week coming up and "could" be looking ahead...we still don't give a damn for the WHOLE state.

I had to dig deep again for a new recipe, and honestly I had this for lunch a few weeks ago up off Sunbury Road in Westerville (Harry Buffalo is an underrated establishment):

Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls

mmmm

Ingredients

• ½ pound cooked chicken meat, shredded
  • ⅓ cup diced celery
  • 2 ounces ranch dressing (or blue cheese if you prefer)
  • 2 ounces cream cheese
  • 8 oz. mozzerella cheese
  • 1 tablespoon hot sauce
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • cayenne pepper
  • 14 wonton wrappers, or more as needed
  • 1 egg 
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • oil for frying 

Directions

• Combine shredded chicken, celery, ranch/blue cheese, cream cheese, mozzerella cheese, and hot sauce in a big mixing bowl. Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix with a spoon until filling is well combined.
  • Beat egg and water together in a separate small bowl. Brush egg wash over the outside edges of a wonton wrapper. Place a heaping tablespoon of filling near one edge and spread out evenly, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Roll edge up over filling. Crimp in both edges and roll over once more. Fold in about 1/4 inch of dough on either side to seal the ends. Apply more egg wash on top and continue rolling. Place on a plastic-lined baking pan. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and filling.
  • Fill a skillet with enough oil to reach halfway up the egg rolls. Heat in a skillet over medium heat. Add a batch of egg rolls; fry until browned and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Fry remaining egg rolls, and enjoy.
  • Pro Tip #1 - Serve with hot sauce or my favorite, spicy ranch
  • Pro Tip #2 - Can bake instead of frying; heat oven to 350F and cook for about 10 minutes, turning half way through
  • Pro Tip #3 - add some chopped up peppers  of your choice (jalapenos, habaneros, chipotle etc. for extra kick), and/or onions for more flavor.

I plan on washing these down with several lattes on. Enjoy and Go Bucks!

Tailgate Fare Historical Archive

11W Tailgate Cookbook

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments