Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

USA Today Bowl Projections- OSU vs UC in the Playoffs

-1 HS
Spartan13's picture
November 16, 2021 at 9:18pm
41 Comments

With 2 weeks left it is pretty clear what bowl games different teams will be headed to. There is room for some movement but here are some of the more interesting bowl games. This scenario would be UC, OSU, and UGA winning out and Oregon losing to either Utah or Oregon State before winning the Pac12 title game. 

• Orange Bowl(playoff): Georgia(1) vs Alabama(4): This projects Oregon loses one of their final 3 games to Utah(2 games) or Oregon State. If that happens the final spot comes down to Bama, Oklahoma, or Notre Dame. It is pretty obvious at this point that Bama would be the 4th team in the committees eyes. I would be pissed if I was UGA and had to have a rematch. 
  • Cotton Bowl(playoff): OSU(2) vs UC(3): This would be fun as hell. SEC on one side and Ohio on the other. If UC wins out and Oregon + Bama lose one more time this is a lock. UC has a few athletes on defense that could make this interesting but it shouldn't be all that close. 
  • Championship(Indianapolis): UGA vs OSU-best offense vs the best defense. Questionable defense vs questionable offense/QB. This would be one of the most interesting matchups in the title game in awhile. 

Avoiding having to play 2 SEC teams is ideal and this is one of the scenarios where that is able to happen. A lot hinges on the Dawgs winning out. The rest:

• Rose Bowl: Michigan vs Oregon- If OSU wins out and Michigan beats Maryland they will get to go to the Rose Bowl and potentially have the biggest accomplishment under Harbaugh. He has been terrible in bowl games but I would imagine this one would mean quite a bit. 11-2 and Rose Bowl champs would be a fantastic bounce back year for Harbaugh. It would honestly be insane to me that 10-2 Michigan gets to go to the Rose Bowl while 10-2 MSU goes to a non NY6 despite them beating Michigan. 
  • Sugar Bowl: Oklahoma vs Ole Miss- Would be pretty interesting to see what happens in this game. Last year OU became natty favorites in some eyes for beating a bad Florida team in a bowl game. I think Ole Miss would care a lot more than UF did last year. 
  • Peach: Notre Dame vs Wake Forest- This would be an incredibly annoying matchup between two ACC teams when ND technically isn't an ACC team. 
  • Fiesta: Oklahoma State vs BYU- Its a little unclear if UC in the playoffs would count for the G5 team in the NY6. If they do this would be MSU in what would be a fantastic game. If not this would be BYU in a game nobody cares about. 
  • Citrus: MSU vs Texas A&M-This may be the best non NY6 game and would be awesome to see Kenneth Walker against an SEC front that could have some guys sitting. 
  • Las Vegas: PSU vs Washington State- IDK how PSU would get matched up in this one but it would be pretty funny seeing them against such a bad team. 
  • Outback: Iowa vs Kentucky-This will be ugly as hell and Kentucky may be sent to the B1G west right after the game is over. 
  • Gator: Clemson vs Auburn

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2021/11/16/college-football-...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments