Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Projecting OSU WRs As Pros.

+4 HS
6beersandacloudofhops's picture
November 16, 2021 at 6:56pm
31 Comments

I don’t think I’ve seen this on here before, if so, disable away. What are your rankings for the current crop of OSU receivers (and including J Williams) at the next level. How successful a career do you think they will have. I personally broke them into two groups, the first are obviously all going to be drafted, the 2nd are the freshman or Sophs that haven’t played much yet. 

Group 1 - The 2022/2023 Draft candidates.

1. Garrett Wilson - He’s the complete package. Firmly think he will have a long career as a top flight WR. 
2. Olave - He’s the most polished, and I think his route running prowess makes him mostly likely to be successful right off the bat as a rookie, even if Wilson has a better overall career. 
3. JSN - Not a put down of him at all, honestly you could interchange all 3 and I wouldn’t argue. He very well may take a bigger leap next year and be better than the previous 2, but this is where I have him for now. 
4. Jamison Williams - Yes, he’s an absolute burner, but I just don’t see sustained dominance coming in the NFL for him. More than the other 3 his chances of success depend on where he goes. Could he be a DeSean Jackson, perhaps, but how many college burners have we seen do next to nothing at the next level. 

Group 2 - The 2023/2024 guys. This is a complete toss up and tbh a complete guess on my part. 
1. Emeka Egbuka - Seems most explosive and “pro ready” of this group right now.

2. Marvin Harrison Jr. - Hasn’t done much yet, but his route running ability and pedigree makes me give him the benefit of the doubt. 

3. Julian Fleming - May be the most talented of the group, but haven’t seen much of him yet and unfortunately injuries seem to be a concern.  

4. Jayden Ballard - The guy we’ve seen the least of. To me an enigma, could be great, may not do much based on all the talent around him and still yet  to come in. 

So what you your rankings look like. Feel free to rerank or criticize my thoughts, I don’t pretend to know it all.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments