Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Never Change Heather Dinich...

-5 HS
The Urban Express's picture
November 1, 2021 at 2:38pm
214 Comments

I know we get too worked up about the ESPN bias around here, but it's real and it's borderline hilarious.  In their "Week 9 Takeaways" article today Heather Dinich threw some not so subtle shade at OSU, which is pretty much consistent with any time she speaks.  

This odd omission when discussing Wake Forest QB Sam Hartman, "Alabama's Bryce Young, Pitt's Kenny Pickett and Ole Miss' Matt Corral are also having terrific seasons and will get a ton of Heisman Trophy consideration, but don't forget about Hartman when listing the best quarterbacks in the country this year."

Really weird to leave out the guy with the #2 betting odds to win the Heisman, but she wouldn't want people to think OSU is any good with a potential "put 2 SEC teams in the playoff" debate looming.

The last section of the article goes on to explain how bad she thought OSU looked against Penn State and why she felt Oregon deserved to be ranked above OSU.  Obviously Oregon is not seen as a real threat to win it all, so lobbying to get them in the playoff over a dangerous OSU team is in the best interest of the SEC/ESPN.  It's a talking point they will beat to death the next few weeks.  She ended the article with this jab.

"Coach Ryan Day was correct on Saturday evening when he said his team earned a gritty win against the Nittany Lions. So did the Ducks in Columbus."

I'd list the link, but just trust me and don't go read it to give them clicks.  I already made that mistake.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 214 Comments