Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week's Question: If You Could Grant a Hall-of-Fame Career to One NFL Buckeye, Who Would You Choose?

George Eisner's picture
November 1, 2021 at 8:35am
28 Comments

Good morning, Eleven Warriors!

Between Penn State putting up more of a fight than a lot of us expected and Michigan State jumping the Buckeyes in the AP Poll, that was a much more eventful weekend than I think a lot of us were hoping for.

I did not have much time to watch the NFL this weekend, so I am a bit disappointed as a Chicago Bears fan that I missed what was easily the best play of Justin Fields' career so far.

Shades of Michael Vick. Hard to believe Fields only had one 100 yard rushing performance in his career at Ohio State.

That highlight got me not only hopeful for what Fields will offer the Bears going forward, but also provided some inspiration for This Week's Question. If you could bestow a Hall-of-Fame career upon a past or present NFL Buckeye, who would you choose?

My current pick would have to be Fields for the sake of my favorite team's trajectory, but prior to this season — and his recent retirement — I would have to have gone with Ted Ginn Jr.

Ginn rallied from early bust labels to having a very long and respectable NFL career by receiver standards. But despite his excellence as a return man and deep threat, Ginn never topped 800 receiving yards in his 14 seasons and only caught more than 50 passes three times. I can only imagine what a Hall-of-Fame career for a guy that had world-class speed by track-and-field standards would have looked like. A man can dream.

So which player would you bless with a Hall-of-Fame trajectory? Luckily for Ohio State fans, there's no shortage of options. 

SECRET BONUS QUESTION: A joke among the 11W Staff last week was proposing This Week's Question as, "Which Ohio State football player would be most likely to date a Kardashian?" Feel free to offer your answer below.

My answer would be Michael Thomas. Kevin — 11W's resident Kardashian expert — said Thomas or Braxton Miller. Dan almost immediately replied with Demario McCall.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments