Ohio State football fan talk.

How to Beat OSU 2021Edition

+2 HS
cmented36's picture
November 1, 2021 at 5:06am
47 Comments

How to attack the offense:
- Odd front, attack downhill
- Play over the top, force Day to work down the field instead of giving up the shot plays he loves, you stay over top and it gets the offense out of rythm. This takes a very good to great backend.

*You'll give up some points and a lot of yardage but it's been proven to keep them out of sync, this really is this simple.

How to attack the Defense:
- You can either read option or quite frankly run an outside run/delayed toss if you down block your OT our DEs still pinch too hard without the LBs scraping to outside contain so you don't even have to block the play side DE.
- Motion every play, if man attack LBs (specifically 3 or 35) or FS (17) this is a pick your matchup of who's on the field, if Zone preach WRs to find and sit in the soft ass zones there will be plenty of them especially in the middle.
-Play action and misdirection, Not trying to beat a dead horse here but attacking the middle of the field not the corners.
- Apparently trips bunch and screens that side as I saw the defense multiple times shift to only have 2 defenders over them so the LBs/safety's had to go make the tackles 8+ yards down the field. I'd particularly Orbit motion the RB into the trips, snap it and hit him full stride and really get the numbers advantage.
-If you have a mobile-ish QB it's just another thing to attack the middle of the field defenders/make them think about something else.

* Realistically Purdue has a good chance on offense , wouldn't be surprised if it were a blowout or a shootout. I honestly don't know if MSU or UM secondaries are in the very good to great territory but I expect their fronts to give us issues. Also expect to see a lot of passing on the middle of our defense and odd man fronts the rest of the way.

Did I miss something? How would you play OSU?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments