Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs Penn State

+7 HS
Large Father's picture
October 29, 2021 at 5:58pm
10 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans, Days, Johnsons and Days,

How much better is college football with fans?

At times last year, it felt like I was watching a different sport. I wonder if you look at the total broadcast time of a college football game, how much is actually focused on the fans as opposed to the field? Considering the fans do not score touchdowns nor are they household names, the fans have a disproportionate amount of on air time. 

One of the best expressions of college football fanaticism is a stadium of more than 100,000 people all dressed in the same color.

I thought Penn State's White Out began in 2005 against Troy Smith and the Ohio State Buckeyes in Unhappy Valley. It looks as if it actually started the season prior against Purdue, I just remember the atmosphere from the 2005 game vividly. Penn State was the originator of this display.

TV broadcasts of a game where the fans are unified in their color scheme at night are always really cool. Big Ten powerhouses do it well and make home stadiums really unwelcoming for traveling teams.

I’m excited to see the Scarlet Out this weekend in Ohio Stadium. The atmosphere should be electric after waiting so long to be back and rooting on the Scarlet and Gray in person.

When it is revved up, Ohio Stadium is an intimidating venue. The home crowd was subdued against Oregon early this season, but that game was a debacle and there wasn’t much to root for. After that reality check, Ohio State has quickly righted the ship and is on the rise.

The electricity continues in prime time tomorrow as the Scarlet-clad showcase college football celebration at its best. 

Touchdowns: Olave, Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ruckert, TreVeyon Henderson, TreVeyon

OSU 42 Penn State 20

Go Bucks! Beat Penn State! Haskell Garrett for Heisman!

Large Father

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments