Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. IU

+12 HS
Large Father's picture
October 21, 2021 at 9:12pm
18 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans, Days, Johnsons and Days,

If this were 2020, Big Ten football would be just kicking off this weekend. 

Last season, we sat and waited and watched most of the other conferences play football until this point mid Fall. We missed the excitement of kicking off on Labor Day weekend. We missed the games in Ohio Stadium at the beginning of the season where fans sit in the sweltering heat. We missed the marquee out-of-conference matchup...and the cupcakes. 

We missed the first half of the season, the games where Ohio State figures out what they have and then adjust for the stretch run. We missed watching the team really come to life and create its identity before postseason play.

Then, once the 2020 season began, I would try not to get my hopes up for the upcoming game not knowing if it would actually happen. The inactive list published hours before kickoff was always a roller coaster, waiting to see if Ohio State and its opponent would have enough players, or coaches, for the game.

Maybe I’ve successfully repressed all of that. It seems like a long time ago.  But thinking about the fact that this is the moment when last season finally began, put it all in perspective. We've already had so much football this Fall...and up to this point was all void last year.  I remember the restless weekends not knowing exactly what to do without Ohio State football. Substitutes didn't work.  Our family took hikes with our dog in nearby parks as a distraction, but that didn't shake it. We tried to enjoy watching college football from other conferences, but really felt more resentful than anything.

As we get ready for the second half of the season starting this weekend, I’m reminded just how thankful I am that we even have a season with games that are highly likely to occur...and something to look forward to every Saturday.  The fact that this might be one of the most talented freshman classes in college football history...and one of the most explosive offenses in Ohio State history, only adds to my joy.

So I’m settling in Saturday night, I am rooting for my Buckeyes even more eagerly...and enjoying the second half of the season as it unfolds with a lot of promise.

Touchdowns: Olave, Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ruckert, TreVeyon Henderson, TreVeyon

OSU 42 Indiana 20

Go Bucks! Beat Indiana! Haskell Garrett for Heisman!

Stout Pops

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments