Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Minnesota - Get to Know the Unknown Buckeyes

+18 HS
Large Father's picture
August 31, 2021 at 8:51pm
14 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans, Days, Johnsons and Days,

How good will the Buckeyes be this season? I honestly don’t know.

I think Ohio State will be fantastic, but I haven’t really seen most of these guys play. Overall, I think the offense will be unstoppable, the defensive secondary will be much improved and the rush defense will regress. Just guessing…I have not seen many from this year’s squad in action.

Unlike previous years, I’m not even exactly sure what the depth chart is…and it’s filled with players that have had little to no game snaps. The pandemic threw off the typical schedule where we watch the younger players during mop up duty the season prior. There were not enough games last year to warrant mop up duty…and we have limited exposure to some of the starters as they were inactive due to Covid protocols.

I don’t know if our quarterback can throw for 400 yards like Dwayne Haskins, I haven’t even seen him throw a pass in a real game.

I don’t know which player gets the ball on third-and-three situation and picks up the first down like JT Barrett.

I don’t know which receiver on the roster takes a simple pop pass 70 yards for a touchdown like Parris Campbell.

I don’t know who takes out two defenders with their downfield block like Evan Spencer.

I don’t know who single-handedly takes over the game becoming a nightmare for the quarterback like Chase Young.

I don’t know if who can track down any balls in the air and get the interception like Malik Hooker.

I don’t know who can make one move on a punt return and take it to the house like Jalin Marshall.

I don’t know who knows the opponent’s snap count like BB Landers did.

I don’t know who can flip the field like Cameron Johnston did.

I don’t know who on the defensive line can’t be blocked by a running back like Joey Bosa couldn’t.

I’m excited to see all of our unknown Buckeyes take the field and get to know how they play; hopefully these new Buckeyes fill in the lines above...and create some new ones. The Buckeyes need to start hot with two tough opponents to begin the season.  I can’t wait to see what we have this Thursday night at Minnesota!

Touchdowns: Olave, Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ruckert, Marvin Harrison Jr, Emeka Egbuka, TreVeyon Henderson

OSU 49 Minnesota 24

Go Bucks! Beat Minnesota! Haskell Garrett for Heisman!

Large Father

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments