Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Big Ten East Vegas Season Win Total Predictions

+8 HS
Spartan13's picture
August 10, 2021 at 3:44pm
46 Comments

The cover 3 podcast just made their season win total predictions and with the season nearing the numbers are being solidified. Here are the win totals for each B1G East team with some info about the number. 

• Ohio State-11 Wins-OSU has Oregon out of conference along with a standard B1G schedule to make a pretty tough schedule. The only way to win the bet is if OSU goes undefeated but is it really possible for this roster to lose 2 games? I doubt it. in my opinion OVER
  • Penn State-8.5 wins-PSU has a tough schedule with Auburn(home) and Ball State(MAC favorite) out of conference, and from the west they have to travel to Wisconsin and Iowa. All of that and they will face OSU, Michigan, Indiana, MSU and Maryland in the east. They have a good roster but QB play may be spotty. I think they will make it to the over but this isn't a line I would touch with how hard that schedule is. 
  • Indiana-8 wins-Plays UC out of conference and has Iowa, Minny, and Purdue from the west. I think this is the easiest UNDER in the conference. A lot of hype following a lucky year from them last year. I dont see how they win 9 games with this schedule. OSU is a loss and PSU, Iowa, UC, and Michigan are tossups at best. If they go 2-2 they have to avoid every other potential upset, Just don't think they can do it.
  • Michigan-7 Wins-Have Washington out of conference and @Wisky Northwestern and @Nebraska. I am taking the UNDER with this, 8 wins is going to be very hard especially when Harbaugh could be out by the end of the year. For a team with average talent this is a brutal schedule, their last 8 games will be dogfights or blowouts. 
  • Maryland-5.5 Wins-West Virginia out of conference with Iowa, Minnesota, and Illinois from the west. I think they could start 4-0 and then have to scrap and claw to find 2 more wins to get bowl eligible. The last stretch of Michigan, MSU, Rutgers will be huge for them, if they can go 2-1 there they will get to 6-6. This will be a very interesting thing to watch. I think to bet this line you have to predict the west virginia game, if they can go 3-0 out of conference this will be an easy cover but if they lose that game you will likely sweat this all season. I would take the over but not confidently. 
  • Rutgers-4.5 wins-OOC of Temple and Syracuse along with Illinois, NW, and Wisky from the west. In order for this to be a hit they need to go 3-0 OOC and then find a way to get a couple wins throughout the season, I don't see them getting to 3 wins in the B1G. I think this is under but not something I would touch. 
  • MSU-4.5-Miami ooc and Purdue Nebraska NW from the west. Easy cross overs but a likely L in the Miami game. A chance at an upset over Miami would go a long way, Miami starts the season With Bama, App State, and MSU all in a row and MSU could get a really tired team a week after playing FCS YSU. They also have easy crossovers. I like this OVER a lot, should be a lot of close games but 4.5 is a really low number. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments