Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Trust the Coaches and Let the Best Players Play

+3 HS
macdaddybuckeyesupreme's picture
August 3, 2021 at 11:11am
46 Comments

With Quinn Ewers coming in a year early, I have seen a lot of people freaking out in a negative way. My question has been why? They were all going to be competing for the starting job next year, Kyle McCord, CJ Stroud and Jack Miller were going to be competing this year for the starting job anyways. So why is it a bad thing?

You dont win by being the nice guy, by giving seniority the upper hand, you play the best players period. So if Quinn Ewers or Kyle McCord ends up winning the job during camp or sometime during the season then so be it, if guys transfer out then so be it. Do you think Alabama cares who transfers out? No, because someone else will just step in and they will continue to win.

I guarantee they knew this was going to happen, they probably even gave him a playbook to begin learning months ago. The goal is to win a national title, Ryan Day's job is to win national titles, if there are locker room issues that come up because of this well then those players can leave, the goal is to win, its not to make sure your favorite person is starting or seeing playing time.

There should only be one goal, and purpose, win and dominate everyone in your path, enough with the being nice and not wanting to embarrass your opponent. Whoever allows us the opportunity to dominate the opponent on both sides of the ball should play. Would anyone be upset if JT Tuimoloua ends up starting over say Tyreke Smith?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments