Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Projected Starting Lineup Talent Comparison: The Game 2021 (Way Too Early)

+11 HS
'57Champs's picture
February 2, 2021 at 11:11am
24 Comments

Back again with the yearly installment of roster projections for The Game!  Here it is:

A couple initial thoughts:

- As project above, the talent gap actually closed a bit from last year's projection.  Ohio State's average rating went down 0.002, and their average ranking went down 2.3.  On the other hand, ttun's average rating went up 0.002, and their average ranking went up 6.5, primarily due to getting rid of a walk-on they were starting last year.

- A number of positions are obviously up in the air.  I'm projecting Henderson at RB by the time we get to The Game, but it could honestly be any one of like 5 guys.  I've got Julian Fleming passing Jameson Williams on the depth chart, but I picture a good rotation at WR.  We still have potential transfers to factor in at LB and DB.  For ttun I used this roster projection for now

- There are still some position group matchups that really work in Ohio State's favor:

I'll try to keep things posted as well move through the off-season.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments