Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Possible Mismatches That Favor OSU

+7 HS
krakatoa64's picture
January 11, 2021 at 12:33pm
65 Comments

We all have heard about the offensive juggernaut bama and questions of how OSU can stop it. But i wanna focus on the less talked about mismatches that favor OSU...

Garrett Wilson vs bama's backup nickel corner...
Malachi Moore for bama will likely be out and bama is already pretty suspect in coverage by linebackers and safeties. Im interested to see how much wilson will feast on them. Bama isnt exactly deep in the secondary even tho they have some studs as starters.

Josh Myers vs DJ Dale...
Bucks haven't faced many 3-4 defenses, but i feel like this is a huge win for OSU. Myers is one of the strongest and best athletes at his position in the country. Bama using a NT will allow josh to have a true 1v1 opportunity to dominate.

Justin Fields mobilty vs Bama's defense...
Even in its heyday bama never did well against mobile QB's. If fields is anywhere close to as accurate as he was against clemson, i dont see how bama has a prayer of stopping him. Fingers crossed on the ribs...

Trey sermon's will vs the bama D...
This might sound hokey, but let me explain. Trey sermon went from a disappointment and likely undrafted early into the season, to being on the radar of teams in the mid to late rounds. Each yard he gets improves his draft stock. Nobody in this game has more to gain from their performance than sermon. I think that's a massive factor that people arent really talking about. He can make a lot of money off of this game...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 65 Comments