Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Musings of My 5th Rewatch of the Clemson Annihilation

+15 HS
Silver Sniper's picture
January 6, 2021 at 6:03am
74 Comments

- Production showed a graphic and Fowler mentioned Trevor Lawrence being the active win percentage leader in CFB for QBs. Lawrence now has twice as many losses as Justin Fields in his career and Fields is the sole owner of the win percentage lead. Fowler, run that updated graphic!
- Hey Fowler, ya idiot, the Williams TD was Fields’ SIXTH TD of the game, not his fifth. Williams had a strong game and showed why he’s number 3. On that TD bomb catch, you could see he would have absolutely pulled away but the pass was thrown to where he had to slow down to catch it. I guarantee Bama does not have a DB that can catch him if he gets over the top. Let’s try that again in the Natty!
- Fowler, ya idiot, why tell the story of Skalski’s dad telling his son: “when you hit them, make them feel you”, when he just injured our QB on an illegal hit? Fowler was erect at the prospect of Fields possibly getting knocked out of the game. Skalski told Dabo his dad’s quote about making them feel you on his recruiting visit to which Dabo replied, “Young man, feeling them is what we do here at Clemson.”
- No one from the Clemson fan base was bitching about Wade having been ejected last year and attributed nothing of their comeback to Wade being out, and suddenly with Skalski ejected, Clemson fans are bitching about how that’s why OSU won and they should change the rule so it’s no so harsh. What a bunch of hypocritical crybabies. 
- Sending a Thank You card to Oklahoma for believing they had a better RB than Trey Sermon. Holy Cow has he been a savior to the season! He smiles on the sidelines, but he runs very angry...and I love it! Can’t wait to see him and the O-line gash Bama!
- The OSU drive after Clemson made it 35-21, Fowler says: “Lawrence and this Tiger offense are heating up, this thing is far from finished”. After which Fields launches a 56 yard TD to Olave. Needless to say, Fowler’s comment didn’t age well. 
- Speaking of Olave, his high step TD after having snatched it out of the diving CB’s empty grasp was something that was straight out of my dreams as a middle-schooler. It was everything. I can’t think of a pass and catch so beautiful and poetic and that was such a nail in the Tiger’s coffin. That’s the play that I’ll always remember when I think of this game. For everyone already crowning Wilson, Olave emphatically said “I’m still here.”
- Number 1 on Defense for Clemson, Kendrick, who is supposed to be their best DB, had a rough day. He tried to deflect the TD laser that Luke Ferrell caught but whiffed, he made that diving and failed attempt to deflect the 56 yard TD to Olave, and he got flexed on by Williams after Williams caught a pass over him on the sideline- Williams literally flexed his arm right in Kendrick’s face. It was a tough day for him. 
- Between Bockhorst and Carman, two Clemson O-lineman from OH, and any other starter on the OSU O-line, I’ll take the OSU O-line. While it felt like they were big misses at the time, we are in such a good place. And Carman in particular got worked. He was an obvious weak spot along that line. He’ll likely get drafted in the first round but he has not impressed me.

I know we’ve squeezed quite a bit out of this game and a lot of folks are focused ahead to Bama, but intended to post this earlier and rewatching and discussing this game will never get old to me. 

Any little things you noticed after having watched it over and over?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 74 Comments