Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ranking the Clemson Win Versus Other Great Buckeye Victories

+3 HS
buckeyedownunder's picture
January 5, 2021 at 4:26pm
20 Comments

A facebook friend asked me how satisfying the win over Clemson was versus other great OSU victories. I came up with the following list as my personal favorites. Where do you rank the win over Clemson?
1. win over Miami for national title in 2002, it had been so long since we won a title and Miami was considered unbeatable. Great game.
2. This game against Clemson with a year of buildup and all our past shortcomings against clemson, Dabo is a good villain.
3. beating unbeatable Bama in the first playoff, basically on their homefield.
4. the cardale Jones coming out party against Wisconsin that got us into the first playoff. I took 16 people to the game. It was like a dream and so unexpected, he was throwing darts and zeke was running wild.
5. 1984 game against Illinois when we were down 24 to 0 in second quarter and Keith Byars said we're coming back before he ran for 274 yards. His shoeless run. I was at the game. The surreal feeling right at dusk when the whole stadium stood in silence as we got the the 10 yard line and everyone could hear tomzak barking the signals. Everyone knew that Byars was the only person getting the ball on those plays to finish their best comeback ever. That game should have won him the Heisman.
Sorry about not putting any michigan games in this list. I did like the Troy Smith game against Michigan in the #1 versus #2 matchup in 2006, but that was tainted for me after we were outschemed by Urban Meyer and Florida and blew a chance at another title.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments