Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I Am Hoping All of OSU Fans Step Back for a Minute and Appreciate What We Have Rather Than What Could Be.

+25 HS
ANOTHERMICHIGANLOSS's picture
January 4, 2021 at 10:54am
42 Comments

2020 sucked.  For everyone it sucked in some way.  But what we got to see on the field this year in limited action did not suck.  I'd like to take a minute to remind everyone of how lucky we all are at this point in time.  

Every year around the holidays, I kind of take a break from all forms of posting and to a certain extent following anything on the internet.  Mainly to break away and focus on my family, but also to take a break.  I refrained from commenting on just about anything that had to do with the Clemson game.  It was refreshing, and frankly it made the win on Friday that much better.

Now, I'm as excited as the next person for the game on Monday.  To beat Alabama and win a National Championship would be absolutely amazing.  However, I am also in the current mindset of "playing with house money".  I have felt that way since the B1G decision to let OSU face NW in Indianapolis.  As soon as that was announced, all I could think was who cares if they make the playoff, and if they do if they win it?  Just win the B1G Championship to restore some kind of normalcy to this season.  They won, and I was happy.  I didn't care how they won, I didn't care how they barely hung on to beat Indiana earlier in the year, I didn't care about anything other than these kids fought and deserved to taste some sort of a Championship for all of their hard work.

We saw them beat Clemson.  This was amazing on a million different levels.  I don't need to re-tread all of the reasons that beating them was so sweet.  I'm happy.  That's it.

Now they take on Alabama, and I think they have a great shot to bring home the big one.  But if they don't, I'll remain happy.  If they win, I'm happy.  If they lose, I'm happy.  If they get blown out of Miami, I'm happy.  For the year 2020 was about as bad is it gets for most of us, but our Buckeyes dug in every time they were told no, every time they were told that it's over, they just kept going to work.  Ryan Day has mentioned this being the type of year where OSU football could write the greatest story in the history of the sport.  Being a OSU fan, my scarlet colored glasses couldn't be any stronger, but I would argue that they already have just getting to this point.

Go Buckeyes!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments