Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Just Re-watched the Game.. Ruckert’s Recovered Fumble Was Huge

+21 HS
DroneBuck's picture
January 3, 2021 at 1:21pm
42 Comments

We went down 7-0 immediately in this game, then on our first drive Justin Fields fumbled a QB keeper on a 3 & out. 
I know Jeremy Ruckert whiffed a little bit on his block, but if he doesn’t pounce on that loose ball Clemson would’ve recovered a fumble deep in our territory, already in scoring range & all but guaranteeing themselves more points by starting from our 30 yd line. Yikes!

Instead our TE secured possession of the football, and we were able to regroup after Drew Chrisman booted the ball down the field with a nice punt. Our defense stood up and got us the ball back with a 3 & out of their own. Then we drove down the field on our second possession with Trey Sermon bursting into the endzone to tie this game at 7-7. 

Huge!

We dominated this game but I shutter to think what may have happened if Clemson scoops up that early fumble and we fall behind by 2 scores before we even get going with our first 1st down.

Scary stuff.

Doesn’t matter how good you are, if you start spotting championship pedigree teams like that, you are asking for trouble. The anxiety would’ve been real and it could’ve looked like a completely different game!

So that was a nice heads up play by #88 to stay engaged in the play after getting beat on a block. We couldn’t afford a turnover right there, thankfully Jeremy Ruckert was able to get the ball back for us so we could punt it away and settle in.

Ansolutely huge!
I’m glad we’ll never know exactly how huge because the whole complexion of the game would’ve changed had Clemson’s defense come out of there sprinting and celebrating, jumping up and down with the football...

Heads up play by Ruckert who didn’t hang his head after his man beat him on a block to get to our QB. #88 hopped on the loose pigskin and minimized the damage. Game-changing plays come in a variety of ways.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments