Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Who Are Your Top 5 Buckeye QBs?

+8 HS
WeSkrongDen's picture
January 3, 2021 at 4:12am
143 Comments

Thought the poll question was interesting so I thought an expanded discussion would be good. For me, I'm not going to consider guys like Horvoth when they barely through the ball because I don't know much about the type of football but you can if you wish.

1. Justin Fields- best numbers and best record. 2/2 in making the playoffs. 2 conference titles. Played outstanding in both playoff games. Has really only played one truly poor game (NW.) Should have had 2 full seasons which is enough, I don't penalize him for B1G incompetence and missing easy stat padding games.

2. Troy Smith- the only modern era Buckeye QB to have a Heisman. 22-3 in his final 2 years. 3-0 versus quality UM teams. Only 1 conference championship, poor NC game performance.

3. Art Schlichter- 4th, 5th and 6th in the Heisman. 2 conference championships. Never saw him play but good numbers for his era and a pair of conference titles.

4. Dwayne Haskins- Numbers that rival Fields. Won his conference championship, only 1 season but it was a great season.

5. J.T. Barrett- I'm not the biggest fan of his game but you can't ignore his stats and wins. Amazing Freshman season (his best season.) Big reason we won a NC. 2 out of 4 conference championships. Technically 3-0 vs UM but Haskins did more for one of those games. Too often felt like we were one dimensional vs good defenses and couldn't pass, never more apparent than 31-0 vs Clemson. Won a lot of games with his legs too.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 143 Comments