Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

10 Reasons Ohio State Wins

+21 HS
Show Me Buckeye's picture
December 31, 2020 at 2:22pm
80 Comments

There are quite a few people out there who are not even giving the Buckeyes a chance in tomorrow's game. Even a large percentage of Buckeye nation has huge doubts going up against Clemson. All in all the confidence level in a win is low.

However, there are some major reasons why I have zero doubt that Ohio State wins this game. I have watched college football for almost 50 years, and this game has all the makings of a Buckeye win.

Why you ask?

Here are 10 reasons why Ohio State will beat Clemson.

1. The Buckeyes want it more. I don't think many would argue this point, and when Ohio State is hungrier, they usually win.

2. Preparation. Ohio State and the coaching staff may not have advertised it, but they have been preparing for this game for the entire last year.

3. Focus. Goes hand in hand with the other 2 reasons above. This team will be laser focused for this game. They won't be looking ahead at all.

4. Talent. Ohio State's talent and athleticism matches up just fine with Clemson. Probably a tad more talented than Clemson, but at worst the same.

5. Ryan Day has held back. Ryan Day has definitely not shown his hand yet this year. He has plays he has held back and will roll out in this game. It was all part of the preparation.

6. No sign stealing. Clemson will not be able to steal our plays like last year. We are ready for that BS.

7. The luck will turn around. We all know the game of football has an element of luck in it, and the luck could not have been any worse than it was in last year's match up. This year we will catch at least a few breaks, maybe more than a few.

8. Underdog status. Ohio State has been an underdog 8 times since 2012 and they have won 7 of those games. Ohio State thrives in the underdog role. Yes, last year's game against Clemson was the 1 loss, but I think we all know Ohio State played the better game.

9. They found their running game. The breakout game thay Trey Sermon had in the B1G Ten Championship game came at just the right time. Ohio State has the multiple threat offense they need to win this game.

10. Woody is watching. Woody Hayes had his darkest moment against Clemson in 1978, and The Buckeyes have put in the work and will finally slay this dragon and I just have the feeling that Woody will be watching over this team and bring about the redemption we have needed.

GO BUCKS!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 80 Comments