Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Some Buckeye Comfort

+12 HS
bcsBuckeye13's picture
December 23, 2020 at 4:59pm
50 Comments

So as all of you are aware, the media is massively underestimating the Buckeyes in the playoff. But I'm here to give you some comfort/confidence for the Sugar Bowl vs Clemson.

Looking at Clemson's games this year they had big time struggles on more than one occasion. First, Clemson they had a difficult time brushing off a 5-5 Virginia (#56 FPI) team. Next, they did the same and gave up a big lead/big plays to a 1-10 Syracuse (#103 FPI) team. Following that game they barely won vs BC (credit to Hafley). Next the ultimately lost to ND. Following their "struggling stretch of games" they seem to have found their form.

Now for the Buckeyes, their struggle was giving up big plays and closing out game, and I guess you could throw in the running game as well. Obviously the worst defensive performance of the year to a great Indiana (5th Ranked Defense) team who torched us. I think if Fryfogle (All American caliber) hadn't been on the team that wouldn't have happened. Northwestern (4th ranked defense) came out with everything they could, and as a result we learned how to close out a game (defensively) and in the process found our running game. All 3 questions answered. If the Buckeyes could have closed out their previous games to start the year nobody would be questioning OSU.

This game will be close and I do believe with Clemson underestimating us, and the media counting us out, we will come out swinging. Plus, its nice to be the underdog sometimes, just ask Miami in '03.

Go Bucks

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments