Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2020 TAILGATE FARE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

+11 HS
osurox's picture
December 18, 2020 at 9:23am
14 Comments

Is 2020 over yet? Asking for a friend….

Like 3M last week, I don’t have much to say here other than let’s all stay healthy and beat the pants off Northwestern tomorrow. At least we all get a nice laugh at ttun’s colossus failure this year (not winning a home game, losing record, dismal recruiting class, and hopefully resigning their hc). Compared to where our program is, and the direction we are going, we are in great shape for a long while.

I honestly had to go find a recipe today, and thanks to my boss, I present to you a delicious concoction worthy of any occasion:

Cheesy Chicken Bacon Tater Tot Pie

Ingredients:

• 1 pound frozen Tater Tots
  • Nonstick cooking spray
  • ½ lb. bacon
  • 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (or 2 thighs)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • ½ of a ranch seasoning packet (can always add more if desired)
  • 2 tablespoons Sriracha (or any hot sauce you may prefer)
  • Chopped chives, for topping

Prep:

• Bake the Tater Tots as the label directs. Reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees F and lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
  • Cook the bacon in a medium skillet.
  • Cook the chicken in the same pan, using the bacon grease.
  • Pat bacon and chicken dry with a paper towel, then roughly chop up.
  • Press the Tater Tots into the prepared pie dish. Top with the cheese, chicken, and bacon.
  • Bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
  • While baking, combine the sour cream and mayonnaise, and ranch packet with the Sriracha. Drizzle the pie with the spicy mayonnaise and sprinkle with chives.

I'm washing this down with some of Zaftigs "I Believe in Santa", a delicious holiday porter(got a crowler last night).  Enjoy, and Go Bucks!

Previous editions of Tailgate Fare found here.

I'd also like to give a shout out to Chief and 3M for keeping this thing going all season’ with everything going on, you guys have managed to take a lot of time and effort to share with us some delicious recipes that I know I will be using for years to come. Thanks to you fine gentlemen!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments