Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

B1G Championship This Weekend, Michigan Next Weekend - Win, Win

+2 HS
John L's picture
December 8, 2020 at 1:53pm
20 Comments

Ohio State and Northwestern have clinched the divisions.  Northwestern plays Illinois this weekend (who cares).  Why not have Ohio State play Northwestern this weekend and crown a champion and then play Michigan next weekend.  Other than Illinois, I think every stakeholder is happy.

FOX - gets both games instead of just one

Ohio State - obviously

Michigan - I'm sure they'd rather play Ohio State than random West team

Northwestern - I don't think it matters to them whether they play Illinois this weekend or next.

Indianapolis - Colts are on the road this week, so Lucas Oil Stadium is free.  Actually, Colts are home next weekend, so it saves a quick field turnaround.

Big 10 - The ACC axed a week of games so they wouldn't mess up Clemson - Notre Dame.  The SEC re-arranged their entire schedule so that they could get the TV product of Alabama - LSU.  Also gets Ohio State 7 games and greatly increases chances of making the playoff.

Wisconsin/Minnesota - now that the crossover weekend is messed up, they can play each other on 12/19 and keep the rivalry going.

Every other Big 10 team other than Illinois - no effect.  Crossover weekend is messed up, but honestly who really cares that much.  They'll take the playoff conference check.

I don't see how this really hurts anyone (other than Illinois but they're horrible and I'm sure the B1G can figure out some way to help them out and get a game - let them play out of conference if they want).  And it's a huge bonus for a lot of people.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments