Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Coach Day is Going to Be at OSU for the Foreseeable Future.

+3 HS
Dstacify's picture
September 16, 2020 at 9:08pm
44 Comments

I've been thinking about the long term effects of what this entire saga might have on OSU and given the way things ultimately turned out today I think OSU just locked up Ryan Day as the head coach to lead this program for the foreseeable future (even if he hasn't signed a new contract yet). Obviously since he took the job and the success he had last year fans have been under the impression that he might bail on OSU to go back to the NFL in a couple years (despite him saying he has no desire to move his family again anytime soon). After the way the OSU administration supported him and his program throughout this entire mess and worked hard to make this season happen I think we quite possibly might have this guy at the head of our program for the next 10 years at least (particularly if he keeps winning consistently and recruiting at an extremely high level which won't be hard to do at OSU after this). Obviously it's hard to predict the future and I HIGHLY doubt Gene will still be our AD 10 years from now but Day's standing with OSU just got a lot stronger today IMO given how united they were on this issue. Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments