Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Buckeye Classics TV Series

+4 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
March 31, 2020 at 4:45pm
5 Comments

Does anyone know the background of this series?  For example, where did it air initially?

I just watched on YouTube—see below—a wonderful show focusing on the 1968 upset of Purdue; but it also included some fascinating historical context such as how the faculty decision to reject the Rose Bowl bid in 1961 adversely impacted recruiting (and ultimately let to Woody looking to recruit more on a national level) and how important the win over Michigan State in 1967 was to Woody keeping his job.

It also had an interesting tidbit on how Woody opened up the offense in 1968 and even made use of a no-huddle offense.

I grew up in this era so I enjoyed it immensely.  But I think if you are a fan of Buckeyes history and/or a fan of Woody, you will enjoy it too.  It’s only 20 minutes long—and, really, how much other stuff do you have going on right now to prevent you from taking 20 minutes out of your schedule?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U75V763U4eI

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments