Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Baldwin Highlights vs Fields Highlights

+2 HS
Woodylegend's picture
January 5, 2019 at 12:21am
37 Comments

Ok there is a ton of chatter going on about Justin Fields transferring in and rightly so. After all he was the #2 overall recruit in the entire country last year. And I too was extremely excited when this broke this morning. And I still am, competition is most always a good thing. But I have watched numerous highlight reels on Fields and from everything I have seen he is run first. Any pressure hes gone. I watch him throw and a vast majority the reciever had to dive, jump, or go down to get the ball. Zero yds after the catch. Dont get me wrong hes athletic for sure. But his scrambling is all against high school defenses. He will never break all them in college. Period.
Then I watch Matt Baldwins highlight reel and......wow. All I have is wow. This kid is Dwayne Haskins 2.0. He can throw the ball 75-80 yds downfield. He reads progressions, Reads Defenses. And every throw is nearly in stride for big yds after catch. Deadly accurate, strong arm and fits line drives into tight windows.
All I'm saying is all this talk about Tate and Fields and our true guy might be hiding in the shadows waiting to blow this whole thing up. He is after all, Ryan Days hand picked 4* recruit. Watch the highlights, on both guys, and ask yourself....why isn't Matthew Baldwin getting more attention. My personal opinion, he should be on the top of the list going into this competition this spring. If you liked Haskins hes your man.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 37 Comments