Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Most Overrated After Week 1

+9 HS
PsyBuck's picture
September 4, 2018 at 3:13am
78 Comments

It was a pretty entertaining opening week of college football. There were some surprises and some expected blowouts and some near misses for top teams. Now that we're finally on to week two, I'm curious, who's your most overrated player, team, and coach after week 1? Here's my list... Most overrated player... Bryce Love - 18 carries, 29 yards against San Diego State. He's my pick primarily because of how hyped he was to compete for the heisman. I'm pretty sure most of us could probably suit up and at least hit 30 yards on 18 carries against San Diego State. Runner up: DeAndre Francois. 0 TDs 3 INTs at home against VT. Honorable mention: Shea Patterson. Yeah, his O line was awful, but this was supposed to be THE guy, THE missing piece for Khaki-pants McSkunkWeasel. Well color me unimpressed. Then someone please go deliver that kid some Midol and a Gatorade for those cramps. After that book him a mani/pedi and throw in a DVD of The Notebook, cause he's definitely at the beginning of a LOOONG PMS, and by that I mean "pretty mediocre season" Moving right along. Most overrated team. This was slightly tougher because it can be difficult to gague a team prior to week 1. To me it's a tossup between Miami, Penn St, and Texas. Yes, Penn State won. But they were trailing at home against Appalachia State with less than 2 minutes to go as a top 10 team. And if anyone watched Miami get slaughtered against LSU and thought that Miami deserved to be in the top 25, let alone the top 10, well I hear Brett McMurphy has a story he'd like to sell you. And then there's Texas. How sweet it was to watch Texas "Mensa" Tom "titty bar" Herman "The Spiteful" go down to Maryland for the second year in a row. Perhaps no major program in the entire country is surrounded by the amount of high school football talent that Texas enjoys. Yet they have underperformed each and every year seemingly since the Vince Young era. Hey Garrett Wilson, perhaps you can do a bit of negative recruiting for the 2019 class for us and flip some of those poor souls who thought Texas was a good choice. Honorable mentions: UCLA, Michigan State, *ichigan (come on, it's *ichigan), and Florida State. Most overrated coach. This one is a little harder to quantify, and personal feelings are difficult to ignore, but here are my picks for most overrated coach. Winner: Jim the "Nervous Bird" Harbaugh. 9-9 in his last 18 games, currently riding a 4 game losing streak, responsible for the ONLY 2 B1G losses dating back to least year's bowl season, and among the 3 highest paid coaches in the entire league entering his 4th year at the helm. Man that just rolls off the tongue like a John Snow/Danaerys Targaryen list of titles. "Jim Harbaugh, first of his name, King of the team up north, ruler of the seven *ichigan fans that still remain, eater of red meat, taker of European trips, wearer of khakis, sleepover-er of recruits, loser of big games and headsets, mismanager of clocks, and brother of much more talented Jon". Close runner ups... Chip Kelly, Willie Taggert, Texas "Mensa" Tom "titt- ahhh you know who he is, and Lane Kiffin. Honorable mention: the level of class of Nick Saban. So there you have it. My week 1 most overrated player, team, and coach. I just love that I was able to justify someone from *ichigan for each one :) Who else ya got punching below their weight class?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 78 Comments