Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Inconsistencies in McMurphy Report

+6 HS
sgehrich's picture
August 2, 2018 at 1:09am
1 Comment

First, let me say that I'm NOT accusing Courtney of fabricating any of her story. However, something is wrong is fishy about McMurphy's report. The story doesn't necessarily align with the text screen shots. First, he inserts the text of the conversation between Courtney and Lindsey Voltolini as such:

Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything” 
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think”
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

Yet the screen shot doesn't show that. In fact, it says nothing of a conversation between Urban and Zach.

Of course, he explicitly states that Urban knew about the abuse:

Text messages I have obtained, an exclusive interview with the victim and other information I have learned shows Ohio State coach Urban Meyer knew in 2015 of domestic abuse allegations against a member of his coaching staff.

Yet offers no substantive proof he knew, and even went on ESPN and stated he has no direct proof.

Shelley's texts don't let on that she knows the extent of the abuse, simply that she is being a friend and inquiring about how Courtney is doing in a tough time. Shelley enquires as to whether police had been called out to the house, which implies she actually does not have direct knowledge of that.

Finally, the screen shots of texts appear to be taken with different phones. in some of the pics (the ones with Shelley) there is a location indicator and a bluetooth indicator next to the battery signal. In the others, there is a battery percentage. It's possible that she turned off the location and blue tooth and turned on the battery percentage indicator, but it's more likely they were either on different phones or at different times.

[Closed- Could have been a comment in any of the other threads]

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 1 Comments