Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

"The U" Player Still Claims 2002 Call Was Bad

+25 HS
RobbyAlan82's picture
February 2, 2018 at 2:12pm
86 Comments

Never posted before so not sure if I'm in the wrong forum area or the title is bad...but here goes it. 

I was hanging out with Vernon Carey today and talking about all kinds of things from football, to basketball, to why he stayed with the Dolphins, etc.  Vernon Carey was an OT for Miami on the NC team in 2001 and the team in 2002.  He went on to be a 1st Rd pick to the Dolphins after the next season.  Anyway, the moment I told him I was a Buckeyes fan he brought up the NC game and said they were cheated.  I argued with him that it was clearly pass interference and he didn't really argue back much.  He did give a lot of praise to Ohio State for coming in as such big underdogs and playing so hard.  He specifically stated that Clarett was a maximum effort guy in the game and amazed him.  I'm not sure how much any of you care to read this story, but I thought I'd pass it along to the rest of you.  Seven months to go...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 86 Comments