Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is It Wrong To Drool About The 2018 Season?

+2 HS
timmyymiller's picture
January 1, 2017 at 1:27am
49 Comments

I can visualize it now: Dwayne Haskins drops a beautiful ball to Austin Mack for a 56-yard touchdown.

Then, the Buckeyes gash the defense on the next drive, which ends in a Mike Weber rushing score.

At some point, Haskins finds Ben Victor for a score, and the Buckeye offense cruises to 60-some points.

Lest we not forget, Nick Bosa, Jeffrey Okudah, Baron Browning, Jordan Fuller, Shaun Wade, and a whole onslaught of young talent dominating on defense. 

I can't help but think the roster will be oozing with talent. I think that's the year when they peak.

Next year should be great. I'm not trying to discount that at all. I think we will find ourselves in the CFP again. 2017 should be awesome, and there's no denying that.

But I really feel like 2018 is the year when the pieces will fit together perfectly. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see the team reach the CFP again, but 2018, 2018 is the year for the Buckeyes I think.

I'm too depressed to be immediately excited for next year, but I'm irrationally ecstatic about 2018. Am I the only one feeling this way? Is it wrong to feel this way?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments