College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Alabamas Offense is Overrated

+3 HS
619nut's picture
November 15, 2016 at 2:40pm
72 Comments

Okay I wanted to say that I still feel they are a good team and Will be a good fight for even the best of teams, However I wanted to put into perspective some of there offensive accomplishments.

#1. Strength of the Defenses they have played. 

Alabama has had pretty much a cake walk all year. There offense has only faced one good defense in LSU and one average defense in USC. The top defenses they have played are #13 LSU, #27 Kent State, #35 USC, #36 Western Kentucky, #76 Tennessee, #77 Arkansas, #84 Miss state, #91 Kentucky, #97 Texas a and m, #101 Ole Miss.

I dont count Western Kentucky and Kent State as good defenses and neither should you. 

So basically the only two real defenses that Alabama has played is USC and LSU.  

In the game against LSU Jalen Hurts was 10/19 107 yards Passing and 1 Int. The entire offense struggled to get 10 points.

In the game against USC Hurts was 6/11 118 yards 2 Tds and and 1 Int. However unimpressive those stats are they were embellished by two long throws on completely broken coverage.

This one was 71 yards to ArDarius Stewart

And a second throw of forty yards was another broken assignment to Stewart. 

"

"

So 111 of his 118 yards came on two broken assignments. If you watch hurts play,

you will realize that Kiffin really makes the game easy on him. He calls alot of check

downs, reverses, screens to his RB, Quick WR Screens and really easy throws one

read throws. He is a freshman quarterback who has looked really good against bad

defenses because he has a genius for a play caller. I personally think when he and

Alabama face an elite defense this offense is going to struggle, these throws wont

pick up a ton of yardage against the likes of OSU, Michigan or Clemson, Just Like

they didnt LSU.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 72 Comments