Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Not a single Buckeye on the roster has ever played in Madison.

+6 HS
Jdsteele44's picture
October 12, 2016 at 7:30pm
21 Comments

As far as I could tell as I was thinking about this, there is not one person on this Buckeye team that has ever played at Camp Randall. The last time the Buckeyes traveled to Madison was 2012. The only player on the current roster who was on that 2012 roster was Pat Elflein, who redshirted that year as a freshman. Now I know there were plenty of questions on how this team would respond in Norman OK, against the Sooners. That was there first road game against a college football powerhouse with us being the youngest team in any power 5 conference. Now we all know how we handled that game, they played so well they started catching balls off of CB's backs just to make things interesting. To me this game against a top Big 10 team, a solid defense, playing on the road in an incredibly hostile environment will be a far different experience than in Norman. So with that all said, I think the fact that there isn't a single player on this already young roster that hasn't ever played a snap in Madison could be huge factor in this game. I still think the Buckeyes can win this game, in fact I think if the passing game is back to where it needs to be I think they could win by as much as 24 points. If we are forced to run the ball due to struggles in the passing game or bad weather I think a more realistic score is 21-10 Buckeyes.

What are your thoughts? Does the fact that no one on this team has ever played in Madison change or impact your prediction of the game?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments