Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Upon Which Team (other than TTUN) Would You Most Like to See the Good Guys Get Some Revenge?

0 HS
NOLABuckeye's picture
August 12, 2015 at 11:58pm
49 Comments

This question isn't as easy as it looks.  Many may respond immediately with VT.  That's too easy.  The Hokies didn't ruin our season last year.  Sure it seemed that way at the time, but it was probably more help than hindrance.  I believe the revenge is best served to a team that truly, truly did us wrong. 

My top choices are LSU (2008/9) or MSU (1998).  Both ruined our season.  Sparty spoiled our fun when we had a crazy amount of talent.  LSU did it in what was essentially a home game for them when both teams backed their way into the NC.

We've had plenty revenge on MSU since 1998 -- yes, even for the 2013 B1G Championship.  I was ecstatic on New Year's Day.  Alabama's loss to the Good Guys made me feel so good because they were the SEC standard bearer.  No matter.  The team I want most is LSU.  And by this, I mean a Pitt, Mark May will hate you forever beatdown. 

Try living in New Orleans and putting up with LSU fans' crap talk about tOSU -- every day.  Yes, every day.  Every.  Damn.  Day.  Damn.  My oldest boy (now 15), was crying when I went to get him up the morning after the 2008/9 loss.  He wanted to stay home because he didn't want to face his 3rd grade classmates who, of course, were all LSU fans.  It was tough, but I made him go and he's stronger for it.

Insanely, his teacher was a former Bama cheerleader and she shielded him from the worst of them all day.  Wonders never cease. 

I always knew LSU was my choice.  LSU has always done me wrong; as a Buckeye and Tulane student.  Their fans are insufferable - particularly to those of us who live down here.  There may not be another fanbase that has so many fans who never went to the university, let alone college at all (deserving of its own thread). 

Thanks for letting me vent.

I hate LSU.

- NOLABuckeye

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments