Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

College Football>NFL

0 HS
lilhook27's picture
April 24, 2015 at 5:44pm
41 Comments

Sorry this is my first ever thread, so excuse me if this topic has already been made/discussed! Anyways here is why it's better...

The Passion: You’ve got some passionate NFL fans, sure. But, sorry, NFL fans don’t stand up all game, every game. If people don’t understand this, they really need to get to some SEC rivarly games or an Ohio State/Michigan game and see what it is like  
The Regular Season: College football has a way better regular season. For the most part, if a team loses once or twice, then that team is done for the season. The stakes are big every single week which means upsets are hugely meaningful and losses are devastating. The Patriots go down during week 2 of the NFL season? Meh. No big deal

Every Saturday, it’s the playoffs in college football. Lose at any time and you might have cost yourself a national championship. At the end of the year, it will be fairly obvious which four teams deserve to be playing for the ultimate prize. They’ll be the ones still standing after having been thru one do-or-die matchup after another. This simply doesn't happen in the NFL.

another reason

another reason

No better stadium in any sport. And it belongs to college football.

I don't see what makes NFL more enjoyable...games are staged,  Patriots cheat every other three years,  the past two years have involved major blowouts in marquee match ups (2013 SB,  2014 AFC CG),  and the regular season is fucking TERRIBLE. There's plenty of vine worthy moments but when you're talking about memorable games?  You get like 10 at the most per regular season 

You can have that in potentially one week in CFB,  there's nothing but amazing games week after week,  and I mean amazing. Games you actually have a reason to go back and rewatch. 

And I discussed this irl with someone and this stupid fuck said NFL has better rivalries?  What?  Isn't GB-CHI the biggest rivalry in the league?  Chicago has been trash for a GOOD while now and can't even get a wild card,  much less contend with GB. And then you got the AFC South,  NFC East,  AND really NFC South which all contain at least 2 trash teams. Patriots haven't been challenged since Kanye was a good rapper,  Colts are becoming the new Patriots in their division,  and Carolina made it out with a 5-8-1 record and a QB who had a fucked up ankle and got in a car crash... 

NFL hasn't really been in the same discussion as enjoyment with NCAA since the introduction of spread offenses.

Give me your thoughts Buckeye fam

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments