Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Urban Meyer and Earle Bruce

Matt Gutridge's picture
April 18, 2015 at 8:44pm
10 Comments
Urban Meyer doing his thing behind Tyvis Powell.

Urban Meyer doing his thing behind Tyvis Powell.

Apologies to those who read this before it went to Blog Heaven.

I had a little too much fun last night at the Spring Banger. I'm running short on time to get my family to the spring game, so I'll get straight to the point.

Below you will find a quote from Urban Meyer from yesterday's coaches clinic. You will also find quotes from Earle Bruce who spoke Thursday night.

Urban Meyer:

Something amazing happened to me last September I sprinted out of practice to watch my son play as a high school football player in the state of Ohio, how cool is that? To be back in this state and watch my son play was a great moment.

Coach Meyer had to compose himself after sharing the above experience. He has deep feelings for his son and the game of football in the state of Ohio.

Earle is an Ohio treasure.

Earle is an Ohio treasure.

Various quotes from Earle Bruce who spoke Thursday:

One of the greatest experiences I ever had was becoming a high school coach in the state of Ohio....Bill Peterson was one of the greatest coaches I ever worked with.

Someone asked me “Why do you talk toughness?” Because that's what wins football games.

Not everyone wins. Oh I take that back because Urban is on his way. He's a winner.

Ohio State has defeated Oregon 11 straight times with no losses. Why is that? Because Oregon lacks one word, toughness. They have all the gimmicks, but they don't have toughness.

This is a great state with a great university.

Football is the greatest game there is. It's the greatest game ever.  

If you like, @RemyBuckeye

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments