Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Reality Check

0 HS
Gofor2's picture
December 16, 2014 at 6:46pm
46 Comments

So today on BTN its been a day of OSU games in 60 minutes, one after another. I also watched every one of these games when they were actually played. As I watched you could see how we got better as the season progressed. At the end when we played UM I really thought we looked a lot like the same team that played penn st. With the only exception being 1-2 big plays at the end of the UM game. What I felt like I saw was a team that was young and still learning, good, really good, but just not quite ready for prime time or to seriously compete against the top teams. It's pretty much how I felt all thru the back half of the season. Then we had the Whisky game, we obviously played the game of the year that game, everything went right for us and everything that could have gone wrong for Whisky did. So yea, we looked like we were ready for anything after that game. But I can't help but believe that we are really the team that played like we did against UM , and the other 11 games this season, and not the team that played the way we did against Whisky. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not making any sense. But I am very concerned that at the heart of it we are still not quite ready to go up against the best teams. I'm very happy that's who we actually get to play, far better than having to play a team like a Arizona or something. But I just don't really expect us to really be able to hang with a team like Bama. So what I would like to hear is why I am wrong about this. I don't want to hear a bunch of ra ra cheerleading, but what makes some of you ( true football people) think we will actually be able to compete and be competitive with Bama. Or don't you believe we can?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments