Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Inferiority Complex

0 HS
zmoty9's picture
December 2, 2014 at 1:30pm
28 Comments

* I preface this post by acknowledging that this is indeed a forum and all are entitled to post to their heart's content, no matter what the 11W 'old guard' say.

Was reading a story (linked below) on the interwebs today about the ten worst fan bases in college football.  Ohio State checked in at number ten, which I expected them to be in the list since we've all witnessed some awful Buckeye fans poorly representing the overall majority.

However, the write up as to why we're there caught my eye.  The piece talked about the Buckeyes fans' "little brother syndrome," our propensity to take any negative analysis of the Buckeyes as a slight punishable by death.  Shortly after reading, I navigated over to the 11W forums to witness this as it was happening.  There are several threads started everyday pointing out when someone says something good about the Buckeyes; the same for when people say something bad.

My question is:  Why?  This is the Ohio State University. One of, if the not THE best universities in the world, flush with one of, if not THE best football programs in the land.  Why do we feel the need to get so up in arms every time there's negativity uttered by some talking head?  Why do we celebrate pundit praise every time there's a pundit stumping for us?  Both should be expected, even welcomed.  Let Urban and the boys refute those half-baked statements on the field while we enjoy win after win. 

There's no need for us to have this inferiority complex or little brother syndrome.  We've arrived at the mountaintop.  Let the Boise's and Marshall's of the world complain about respect.  Our guys have already earned it tenfold by a long history of excellence, along with exemplary play on the field in current times.  Lets just let those talking heads talk, while the boys in scarlet and gray make their case.

If you care to see the write up or who else was on the list:  http://collegespun.com/independents/notre-dame/the-10-college-football-fan-bases-with-the-worst-reputations/2

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments