Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Exceeding my expectations

0 HS
MrWiley7's picture
October 26, 2014 at 8:48am
26 Comments

Am I the only one who feels a little spoiled by the play of our offense the previous 4 games? When Braxton went down I envisioned us having a bunch of games like last night's game: grind it out on offense while the defense pretty much carries us. The previous games were against lesser comp (though honestly Penn State isn't much better than the other teams if at all) and mostly at home. That's a recipe for getting the necessary reps needed for the offense to open up and blossom. But I still didn't expect the offense to come along as quickly as it did in those games (50+ points in each game). Maybe it was the knee injury to JT or just tight play calling, but I was expecting more points from the offense because of that. Or was it a perfect storm of circumstances with the crowd, it being the first "real" away game for our young guys and Penn State having a solid defense? I'm glad we got the win and maybe now my expectations for the offense will be adjusted. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments