Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Love/hate with Tom Herman

0 HS
DonJuan's picture
October 6, 2014 at 7:47am
58 Comments

Its kind of hard to rip on an offensive coordinator that just led an offense to over 1200 yards in two weeks, but is it just me that thinks we are falling into the same pitfall as last year? And I don't want this to sound negative, just constructive because I love the potential of this team. 

Herman deserves a lot of respect for how far Barrett has came along in such a short amount of time but there are moments that still make me question his play calling ability. 4-5 times now this season we have great drives with creative play calls that take us inside the redzone and then Herman seems to clam up. Saturday he tried 3 consecutive runs up the middle and settled for a field goal. This is fine when you're up by 20 against Maryland but it's playcalls like that is the difference against a Michigan state. 

Also I cant be the only one that is concerned about all the designed runs for J.T. He is doing great at it and I agree there is a time that, but with a torn acl already, Barrett shouldn't have 5 carries in the first quarter with all the playmakers around him. Let Jalin Marshall and Dontre do what they do best. 

I do believe it will all be figured out and we should end up one of this best offenses in the country. Thanks and Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments