Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

I loathe SEC ESPN and Comcast

camodog's picture
August 28, 2014 at 6:58pm
12 Comments

I do not live in the B1G or $EC footprint. So naturally I need to pay to add BTN so I can watch B1G football, no big deal. An extra $10 per month for the "sports package" not happy, but I can live with that. 

Well, i wanted to watch the South Carolina vs AM game tonight and its only on the SEC network, which surprise surprise, its not on the sports package that I upgraded to. As an additional kicker, i also do not get ESPN U. In order to get ESPN U and SEC I need to upgrade to a ludacris preferred package with 200+ channels i dont care about. 

Thank you ESPN and the SEC I now hate you both even more. 

PS- I refuse to upgrade for SEC so theres that. However I will be watching the Gophers in 3 minutes. 

Rant over

904buckeye's picture

I'm right there with ya. I'll wait for Saturday to watch my buckeyes before I pay to watch the SEC!

GO BUCKS. BEAT MISSAGAIN

camodog's picture

Thanks Jacob, I already put the ipad on the Akron game. So it will be Zips and Gophers on my double screen. 

kareemabduljacobb's picture

lol, my name is Nick.  A lot of peeps think that's my name, but nope.  But no prob.

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

My first guess was that your name is Nick.

+1 HS
TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

As someone who has used RCN, Comcast, and Time Warner, I agree with Winston Churchill's quote, "Comcast is worst form of cable provider, except for all the others that have been tried."

+2 HS
sbentz4's picture

Comcast vs. Time Warner, what an epic battle between the worst two customer service companies ever. I have had both and both are horrendous, but can't decide which is worse.

+1 HS
sharks's picture

Espn doesnt dictate whick pkg their channels have to be on, just the rate they charge comcast to carry the various channels.  Why does comcast put them in expensive pkgs only? Same reason my dish network does- enough people bite the bullet to make that decision a profitable one.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

Clinger76's picture

Dont know about you but, gophs aint looking real good on the Offense side..........

Our Honor Defend, I will fight to the end for......O-HI-O!!

hodge's picture

Guys the SEC network is the single greatest thing ever.  You just have to appreciate it for the over-the-top Southern-Exceptionalism circlejerk that it is.  It's amazing.

brandonbauer87's picture

I'm a little salty. I have the SEC network, but it appears I have no HD option. Or I just can't find it. Anyone with Time Warner in Ohio want to help me out? My cable box guide is MIA right now. 

hodge's picture

I just watched A&M-USC first-half highlights to a song called "The South" by the Cadillac Three...this is the best channel ever, and I'm not even drunk yet.