Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

OSU Player Quitting Football?

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture
July 17, 2014 at 12:43pm
16 Comments

Before I am hounded for this, I know it's a sin to ask what a Bucknuts article says in its "VIP" articles but they have a headline that says "Has an Ohio State football player decided to end his career?" This is very interesting to me and I'd love to know who and why.

(I'll go say an 11W's rosary or something to make up for this crime.)

One Bad Buckeye's picture

Someone definitely needs to take the time to pen an 11W rosary.

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+6 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

They are probably just reporting Blake Thomas is no longer with the football team,seems like that would be right down their alley.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

sharks's picture

I think VIP is on free trial now, but I heard its tough to cancel

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

Fly Patterns's picture

i signed up for the free trial and then immediately regretted it because i thought the site was very confusing to navigate.  i even received confirmation that my trial was cancelled.  yet i still get emails and access and am just waiting to be ticked off when i get that first automatic post-trial charge...

+1 HS

Not even going to consider it. All of those "free trial" gimmicks end up in bullshit automatic payments and I refuse to pay to read about Ohio State athletics when there are sites like Eleven Warriors out there. Bucknuts is a sham, although I do love 247sports.

+4 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I used to have an account with Scout and you can sign up online but you must call to cancel. When you call, they give you the hard sell and start offering you discounted/free months to stay. It's a pain in the butt, but in my case, I simply told the guy that I was interested in conference expansion and they had a lot of info on that. With the rush of expansion being over, I was no longer interested. Not much he could say to that and he canceled my account.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+2 HS
holtzy's picture

If it were any new information, 11W would have an article on it.  While this site is free (which is amazing), it is much better anyway.  It is the only one you need to visit.

+3 HS
KB3RG's picture

It was mentioned by someone on the site as being JT Moore(free section)

KB3RG's picture

incorrect, he was part of 2010 class as a DE who transitioned to TE last year and played in games but did not make a catch

+2 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Sorry, thanks for the correction.

That would explain him not going on the boating trip with Heuerman, Vannett, Baugh and Hubbs.

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Had wondered that myself.

IIRC, Moore switched over to TE last year when Blake Thomas had to give up football (and I still hate writing that).

I believe Moore is a senior, if the case I hope he finishes up academically at Ohio State.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

jacobv77's picture

Your right I have a bucknuts membership and it is JT Moore who is quitting football

+1 HS
2002osubuck's picture

All the more reason we need to get a great TE in this class. Personally we shouldve offered CJ Conrad, he looked incredible at the opening and will be another big loss from Ohio. I thought we shouldve gone after Jake Butt last class and he did pretty well for scUM last season. Need to keep these guys, especially if we have to play against them. 

TheBadOwl's picture

Personally we shouldve offered CJ Conrad, he looked incredible at the opening and will be another big loss from Ohio. 

Hindsight is 20/20. He didn't have any major offers and refused to come camp.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS