Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Buckeye LB arrested?

AngelHeartsBuckeyes's picture
May 22, 2014 at 12:15am
66 Comments
Seattle Linga's picture

Not acceptable on any level - Stay on the straight and narrow young man - we need you. 

Count each day as a privilege and don't act like your above reproach

-4 HS
nikolajz1's picture

Partying like any other 20 year old is not acceptable on any level? okkkkk

+23 HS
AndyVance's picture

Seattle actually isn't off the mark here - while the opinion may not be popular (that D1 football players should not put themselves in a situation to get pinched by the long arm of the law), I've long contended that college football players, especially at high-profile schools like Ohio State, must be "beyond reproach." Some reporter or Instagrammer is always watching.

I wrote an article on a somewhat related topic a while back, and it might shed some more light on this notion. While it doesn't "seem fair" to say that a 20-year-old shouldn't party while in college, if that 20-year-old is a college football player, he has a much heavier burden of responsibility than his beer-swilling peers. Fair or not, it is what it is.

+5 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

It is possible to party without getting arrested.  I did so 100% of the time.  Partying is fine - just skip the shit that gets you in trouble with the fuzz.

Class of 2010.

+9 HS
buckeyedexter's picture

I agree.  I drank plenty under 21, but never got arrested.  It makes you think they were running around acting drunk and crazy like Will Ferrell in Old School.

logamaniac's picture

Haha you guys and your ivory towers, think back to when you "partied" and don't just say you weren't arrested but imagine how many times you "could have been" or "should have been". Just because you didn't doesn't mean you didn't deserve to be. 

+10 HS
d5k's picture

Unless you count smuggling booze into the dorm I don't think I had any times where I "should" have been arrested.

osu07asu10's picture

Unless you count smuggling booze into the dorm I don't think I had any times where I "should" have been arrested.

Then you did college wrong my friend...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+3 HS
logamaniac's picture

Were you of age when you smuggled that in?  If so that's a contributing charge right there and you most certainly could have been arrested. 

Underage consumption and contributing if you shared with anyone and again you could have been arrested 

FloridaBuck's picture

99.3% of the football team (and any other kid on campus) has drank underage, they just didn't get caught.  Hes going to have to take an alcohol class, pay a small fine, and run a whole bunch of extra laps.  This is a non issue, aside from the fact that he wouldn't be playing anyway.

+1 HS
RedStorm45's picture

we need you. 

Um, really?

-2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Well shit...There goes our bid for a playoff appearance.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+7 HS
703Buckeye's picture

What makes this even crazier is that this was at Fada's parents house. If I were Craig, I would not be too excited to see Urban in the morning.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+3 HS
OSUStu's picture

Personally, I wouldn't be too excited to see my dad in the morning.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+9 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Ya thats what he said. Papa Urban

UFM_Renewal

Toilrt Paper's picture

The last week or so I've been wondering who would be the first OSU football screw up this summer. The first came in May, not summer. That does not bode well for the football team.

-1 HS
Golden Buckeye's picture

It is Craig Fada, walk on special teams player.  Threw a party at his parents house while they were gone.  Cops came and busted 2 dozen kids and he was one. Nothing to see here.

+11 HS
sivaDavis's picture

It will get a front page tab on ESPN in the morning. "Buckeye LB arrested. Urban losing control?"

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+6 HS
daveyt11's picture

They'll likely do a public records request to make sure Urban wasn't emailed an invite.

+4 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Banner news day over at CFT.

Ohio State institutional control backlash in 3,2...

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
dc28's picture

If this kid is a walk on I could see Urban doing a Landmark Fire. Basically, he is not going to kick a top recruited player or star player off the team for this violation but a walk on guy? I say he won't be playing for OSU next year.

-3 HS
Furious George 27's picture

I am pretty sure he has kicked off some recruited players, now I do not believe they were his players. But he kicked them off.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

luckynutz's picture

When he got here, he cleaned out some guys with inability to stay out of trouble. Guys like berry and dominic clark. Then there was pittman and murray last year...dont think either sere formally dismissed. More or less encouraged to transfer after some off field issues arose. Pittman was definitely one urban went after...flipped him from Dino and sparty. Was the one that lead to his comments about unethical behavior.

Point being, he has given the boot to scholarship players. Hell...he was set to give el guapo the boot last summer after the initial reports of the night club fiasco. His core values arent just lip service. And they apply to anyone who represents this team and university.

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I think Dc28 might have hit the nail on the head. I wouldn't be surprised if Fada got the raw end of a lesson that Urban will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger. Urban will make an example of this kid so that his scholar players see he means business. I have a feeling its going to suck for Fada, if he even stays on the team. It might be slightly unfair, but it needs to happen to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I also wouldn't be surprised they have a Hyde offseason rule.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+3 HS
AndyVance's picture

It reminds me of one of my favorite passages from The Bible, Ezekiel 25:17, which goes like this:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

I suppose if you replace "The Lord" with "Urban F. Meyer" in the last line, it works just as well.

+15 HS
BED's picture

Can't see how anyone could downvote a Pulp Fiction reference.

The Ohio State University, College of Arts & Sciences, Class of 2006
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Class of 2009

AndyVance's picture

Yeah, I wasn't actually saying the kid should get kicked off the team... Just playing word association games with one of my favorite movies of all time... 

+4 HS

trust me, it was intentional!

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Come on guys, that is ridiculous. When Mewhort and Stoneburner got arrested in pissgate they lost their scholarship for the summer.

Fada doesn't have a scholarship, he will be punished other ways. Kicked off the team? Quit being absurd.

+1 HS

in case you guys missed it, I referenced what happened with Hyde last off season as the reason for Urban to be a bit harsh on Fada. Mewhort and Stoneburner, Storm Klein and all the other examples of Urban being a bit more lenient happened BEFORE the Hyde incident.

and yes Fada isn't a scholarship athlete, hence the perfect player to make an example of. Of course Urban would be easy on Mewhort and Stoneburner, THEY WERE THE STARTING LEFT TACKLE AND TIGHT END!

you are aware of what the difference is between scholarship starting upperclassmen and a walk-on special teamer? the walk-on special teamer is easily replaceable.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

in case you guys missed it, I referenced what happened with Hyde last off season as the reason for Urban to be a bit harsh on Fada. Mewhort and Stoneburner, Storm Klein and all the other examples of Urban being a bit more lenient happened BEFORE the Hyde incident.

and yes Fada isn't a scholarship athlete, hence the perfect player to make an example of. Of course Urban would be easy on Mewhort and Stoneburner, THEY WERE THE STARTING LEFT TACKLE AND TIGHT END!

Urban has core values: No drugs, No weapons, Respect Women. 

Stoney and Mewhort made poor decisions and were punished appropriately. Roby made a poor decision (assault at a bar, but no women involved) and was banned for a 1/3 of what Hyde was. Hyde, Klein, Dominic Clarke (weapons) violated a core value and received harsher punishments.

I think it is great that everyone on here is willing to toss Fada under the bus because he is a walk-on. The kid pours endless amount of time and effort into the program for nothing but his love of the game (and one can assume) Ohio State. All of our scholarship star players need the scout team and walk ons to practice against, gain reps, provide depth, etc.

Fada didn't violate a core value of Urban, he made a dumb and immature mistake to have a party at his parents house in Delaware County (big mistake, rural sheriffs looking for anything). He will not be kicked off the team.

+1 HS

SM, you completely contradict yourself here. First, he is going to get kicked off the team because look at the punishment handed down to Hyde and therefor he will get worse

not at all what I said. I said because of the Hyde incident, you know the one where the whole media jumped on OSU and Urban before any information was released. I'm not comparing punishments, I'm saying after what happened with Hyde I wouldn't be SURPRISED if Urban made an example out of Fada to make sure what happened last year won't happen again. you do know that in college and pro football the walk-ons get treated differently than the All-Americans right? Fada won't get the same leniency that Mewhort and Stoneburner got.

BUT then he definitely will get kicked off the team because he isn't special and only scholarship starters get preferential treatment from Meyer.

did I say definitely? I don't recall saying definitely. Can you please copy and paste where I said definitely. I think I said this,

I wouldn't be surprised if Fada got the raw end of a lesson

surprised and definitely are the same word? I wasn't aware of that. So when I say

Having the opportunity to lay down the law on a walk-on to prove a point, is very possible!

I am saying he DEFINITELY is getting kicked off the team?

FYI, if you think starting scholarship upper class players (who were also considered CAPTAINS) and were highly recruited DOES NOT get more preferential treatment over a walk-on, you really need to learn more about this game. Look up what is happening in Tallahassee. the Heisman winning QB is not even getting investigated for rape, while his lesser known teammates are possibly getting expelled for the same exact incident. and all they did was ask to join in and video record what is being deemed "consensual" sex. If anyone thinks players aren't treated differently, you are just fooling yourself. It even happens at OSU.

osu07asu10's picture

ook up what is happening in Tallahassee. the Heisman winning QB is not even getting investigated for rape, while his lesser known teammates are possibly getting expelled for the same exact incident. and all they did was ask to join in and video record what is being deemed "consensual" sex. 

There is so much wrong with that comparison. Now we are comparing a university imposed punishment versus a program imposed punishment.  None of the 3 players were punished by FSU's football team.

Seeing that they are potentially being punished for breaking the student code of conduct, which there is no evidence to suggest Winston did, I'm not sure what you are getting at? His two teammates gave sworn statements to the TPD that they engaged in conduct that clearly violated the code of conduct. Again, no evidence supports Winston breaking the code of conduct for students.

that is what you got from that?

my point is, listen please, star players get preferential treatment. it happens. trust me. a walk-on POSSIBLY might be made an example of.

that is all.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

my point is, listen please, star players get preferential treatment. it happens. trust me. a walk-on POSSIBLY might be made an example of.

I get your point, you just don't support it very well. I haven't seen an instance for Meyer at Ohio State where a "star" player has received preferential treatment when it comes to punishment. 

The other example, FSU, also doesn't support the notion that star players get treated differently. Although you don't support it, I don't disagree with you, it is just irrelevant.

Your point is that Meyer COULD make an example out of Fada BECAUSE he ISN'T a star player.

My point is that Meyer has Core Values and has been pretty consistent in enforcing punishment on his players regardless of "star" status while coach at Ohio State. Break a core value? You're in deep shit. Make a poor choice, you'll live to see another day.

+1 HS

so it would be different if he broke a "core value"? there was pot at the scene of his home.

you want a better example, okay. Tim Gardner! http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2013/7/22/4546492/ohio-state-freshman-t...

Compared to assault and battery charges, obstruction of official business is not the worst thing in the world, and depending on the nature of the obstruction, perhaps ordinarily not something that would necessitate being dismissed from the team, but it's still significantly poor judgement. There is no word on whether Gardner will have a chance for reinstatement.

at the very same time while Hyde and Roby broke enough "core values" to be suspended, Gardner was dismissed from the team and is now playing for Indiana (well he transferred there). I don't see anything about Gardner breaking core values. Hyde broke core values enough to get 3 games. Gardner was kicked off the team.

but you already agreed that certain players get preferential treatment. I'm just stating that a walk-on could POSSIBLY be made an example of so that the more talent players will see they need to stay out of trouble.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

you want a better example, okay. Tim Gardner! http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2013/7/22/4546492/ohio-state-freshman-t...

Not sure if that is a better example to compare Fada to. In addition to his arrest, Gardner was a player who had to earn his offer by getting in shape. He came to campus out of shape and rumors were he had been late to team functions. He was skating on thin ice before the arrest.

at the very same time while Hyde and Roby broke enough "core values" to be suspended, Gardner was dismissed from the team and is now playing for Indiana (well he transferred there).

Roby did not break a Core Value. Since your quotations seem to indicate the core values don't exist, here is a picture of them at the WHAC:

but you already agreed that certain players get preferential treatment. I'm just stating that a walk-on could POSSIBLY be made an example of so that the more talent players will see they need to stay out of trouble.

I did not agree to that in regards to Ohio State, it does happen in college football but it is irrelevant.

How about this SM? I appreciate the lively discourse, why don't we place a friendly wager on a cold beverage at E2B this fall? 

-1 HS
Buckeye06's picture

I must have misread this story, because to me it seems he and a bunch of friends were partying at his house, where he was 20 and drinking. 

I know it is illegal, I get it.  However, he was doing this in the privacy of his own home, not out at some bar illegally or at some other random house.  I don't see this as a large issue that he should get punished for (edit: in a large manner, he should be punished).  I look at this as "if I was a parent, how nuts would I go over this" and to me I probably would say it absolutely sucks and there are consequences, but nothing like people are insinuating here

I am open to having my mind changed, but that's my 2 cents

+5 HS
daveyt11's picture

Exactly...we never did that in college..obviously a slow newsday

+1 HS

you must have misread my original post, I didn't say Fada did anything wrong. I didn't say he deserved to get punished for something we all would have done while in college. look up what it means to get a "raw deal".

I am saying after what happened last year, I wouldn't put it past Urban to make an example of Fada to make sure the scholarship athletes get the point. Urban does not want this stuff to happen in the offseason, because this might be innocent college kid stuff but the next thing could cause issues for the program.

drinking at a house party underage is nothing, absolutely correct. Having the opportunity to lay down the law on a walk-on to prove a point, is very possible!

EDIT: and you should read the whole story, there were fireworks and screaming going on outside the house. Innocent drinking with your buddies at your parents house is one thing, an all out party with fireworks going off outside tends to alert the athorities. if you want to stay out of trouble, don't send out the "I'm having an underage drinking party" bat signal. plus it was a all out party, not just some buddies having a few brews. 2 dozen were arrested, there were a lot more there than 2 dozen.

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

and you should read the whole story, there were fireworks and screaming going on outside the house. Innocent drinking with your buddies at your parents house is one thing, an all out party with fireworks going off outside tends to alert the athorities. if you want to stay out of trouble, don't send out the "I'm having an underage drinking party" bat signal. plus it was a all out party, not just some buddies having a few brews. 2 dozen were arrested, there were a lot more there than 2 dozen.

Sigh, do you know there were a lot more than 2 dozen kids there? No report of the incident I have seen says there were "a lot more than 2 dozen" Have you ever been to Powell? It is a rural suburb of Columbus where cops have nothing better to do than bust underage parties like this.

He was having a bonfire at his parents house with kids 18-20. A firework could mean a bottle rocket. Drunk conversations = screaming to a crotchety neighbor.

Let's not make it out to be something it isn't. He had a party in a suburban neighborhood and was busted by some cops who have nothing better to do. He could have been smarter and he'll be punished appropriately by Meyer.

At this point, I'll wager a few thousand helmet stickers (if staff can transfer) that he does not get booted from the team. 

Hell, Marcus Baugh has been arrested for worse alcohol related offenses than Fada both before Hyde and after Hyde and he is still truckin along in the program. Last time I checked he hasn't done anything meaningful as a starter to stay on the team...

I love how you  can't understand that I say it is POSSIBLE! I'm not saying it WILL happen, I'm not saying it SHOULD happen. I am saying I wouldn't be suprised if Urban takes this opportunity to make an example.

I don't know what I am saying that makes you think I feel Fada DESERVES this. Read my posts, I believe Fada did nothing that anyone of us would do.

with that said,

He was having a bonfire at his parents house with kids 18-20

you are aware that is ILLEGAL? so sending off fireworks when you know your house is filled with underage drinkers is a mistake and he was arrested for it. Mewhort and Stoneburner barely were cited for what they did. Hyde wasn't even arrested, he was questioned. Baugh was arrested, very true. and I am SURPRISED he hasn't been dealt with more. That doesn't mean Fada will get the same treatment. HE IS A WALK-ON! Baugh could end up being a STARTER, Fada will DEFINITELY NOT BE A STARTER!

osu07asu10's picture

I love how you  can't understand that I say it is POSSIBLE! I'm not saying it WILL happen, I'm not saying it SHOULD happen. I am saying I wouldn't be suprised if Urban takes this opportunity to make an example.

I don't know what I am saying that makes you think I feel Fada DESERVES this. Read my posts, I believe Fada did nothing that anyone of us would do.

No where did I say you said it WILL or SHOULD happen, and nothing I said should make you feel I think you believe he DESERVES it

so sending off fireworks when you know your house is filled with underage drinkers is a mistake and he was arrested for it. 

Nope, he wasn't arrested for shooting off fireworks. He was cited for underage consumption

Baugh was arrested, very true. 

2x. Pre-Hyde and Post-Hyde. For the same (or worse) alcohol transgressions as Fada was. He is probably the most comparable in terms of punishment.

you really thought I said he was arrested for shooting off fireworks? lmao. The act of the fireworks drew attention to the underage drinking, which is why he was arrested. and apparently there was a bit more than just underage drinking, "Officials said the people were arrested and charged with offenses that include underage drinking, obstructing official business, disorderly conduct, and illegal conveyance of drugs. " supposedly there was a bag of weed there, in HIS house. Isn't that a core value???

you did say this,

At this point, I'll wager a few thousand helmet stickers (if staff can transfer) that he does not get booted from the team. 

which means you assume I believe he WILL get "booted from the team". I have no reason to take that bet because I didn't say he will get kicked off the team. I said I wouldn't be SURPRISED.

and before you deleted it, you did say,

SM, you completely contradict yourself here. First, he is going to get kicked off the team because look at the punishment handed down to Hyde and therefor he will get worse BUT then he definitely will get kicked off the team because he isn't special and only scholarship starters get preferential treatment from Meyer.

so you did think I said he DEFINITELY will get kicked off.

you are correct, I did misread the number of people at the party. Apparently ALL of them were underage and ALL 24 were arrested. I will however say that it is even dumber to bring attention to your home while having EVERYONE there underage. Even when I was out drinking underage, we knew better to have a legal person there to talk to the police or claim the alcohol was theirs. There was no contingency at this party. That was dumb!

osu07asu10's picture

which means you assume I believe he WILL get "booted from the team". I have no reason to take that bet because I didn't say he will get kicked off the team. I said I wouldn't be SURPRISED.

I made that wager to anyone who said he is gone, not you specifically. I didn't assume anything.

"Officials said the people were arrested and charged with offenses that include underage drinking, obstructing official business, disorderly conduct, and illegal conveyance of drugs. " supposedly there was a bag of weed there, in HIS house. Isn't that a core value???

If you are interested here are the mug shots of everyone arrested and what they were charged with, all for underage consumption. Although they say individuals were charged with obstruction, drug charge, and and disorderly conduct none of the 24 have been charged yet.

you are correct, I did misread the number of people at the party. Apparently ALL of them were underage and ALL 24 were arrested. I will however say that it is even dumber to bring attention to your home while having EVERYONE there underage. Even when I was out drinking underage, we knew better to have a legal person there to talk to the police or claim the alcohol was theirs. There was no contingency at this party. That was dumb!

I'm not arguing it wasn't dumb. Dumb just won't get him kicked off the team. 

-1 HS

dumb gets players kicked off the team quite often. Most of the time its a team violation, not an illegal act. and making a mistake during the offseason, whether its a core value or not, can get the wrath of Urban Meyer because he wasn't too happy after last offseason. If Hyde and Roby, and others, did not have such a bad offseason last year, Urban might not even bat an eye about this. But because of all the bad pub last year, I wouldn't put it past him to make an example of Fada. And that doesn't mean getting kicked off the team, it means he could get a lot worse than what might be the typical punishment.

Although they say individuals were charged with obstruction, drug charge, and and disorderly conduct none of the 24 have been charged yet.

where does it say that in the article? because everything I read says they all were charged with underage drinking and that "reports did not indicate" which suspect was charged with disorderly conduct and illegal drugs. Someone was charged, it just wasn't indicated in the report who did get charged.

+1 HS
kgratz's picture

Sweat had the chance to rejoin the team after he supposedly assaulted his girlfriend, I think they'll give Fada a chance.

How Firm Thy Friendship

1MechEng's picture

"Coach Marotti, please bring out the puke bucket for Mr. Fada for today's workout ..." - Urban Meyer.

+6 HS
toad1204's picture

Marotti standing in The Shoe with Craig "Alright Craig, need you to run the stairs due to your transgressions."

Craig, "Which set of stairs coach?"

Marotti, "ALL OF THEM."

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+4 HS
Adam21's picture

Who is Nick? Am I missing something here?

+2 HS
toad1204's picture

Edited.  Work was interrupting my morning 11w.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+2 HS
Adam21's picture

Don't you hate when work gets in the way of 11W?

DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

Worst thing about this is Clay Travis and Mike Bianchi are busting at the seems to write an article about how Urban only recruits trouble makers...

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.
"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Premium journalism at it's finest.

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

let's just say his fada won't be pleased

+15 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

IGotAWoody's picture

Jeremiah Johnson!

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

+1 HS
Gametime's picture

I don't like the standard that athletes are held to just because they're athletes; Yea to an extent it they represent the University, but ANY enrolled or former student or prominent faculty member  also does so to an extent.

I'm sure there are some of you who can give first-hand testimony of academic scholarship students who drink beer, smoke weed, and do lines of coke or pop X to party; who are going on to become police officers, lawyers, judges, soldiers, doctors, surgeons, engineers, etc, and aren't held to the same standards as a major college revenue athlete

Laws be the laws and etiquette is expected, but as long as it isn't hampering your ability to do your job or perform your task effectively (i.e. used responsibly) then it shouldn't be an issue. I agree with the one poster John Taylor:

I think now’s as good a time as any to inform our new readers and remind our old ones that, one, I think the drinking age should be lowered to 18 and, b, weed should be legalized in every state and at the federal level.

Thank you for your time. Carry on…

Let em live.

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+3 HS
AndyVance's picture

I agree with the spirit of your argument (and that the drinking age should be lowered to 18 and that weed should probably be legalized and taxed like cigarettes), but just because I don't like that revenue sport athletes are held to a somewhat higher standard in this very narrow example doesn't mean that it isn't the reality of the situation. And more importantly for the student athlete, they damn well better understand the circumstances surrounding their decisions.

If you're Braxton Miller and you get pinched for underage drinking, for example, there are some very real, very negative possible/likely consequences for your long-term future. Maybe not quite the same for a walk-on, but look at Carlos Hyde's situation - he did nothing wrong except put himself in a position to be scrutinized by a TMZ-fueled media/social media-obsessed culture, and it may have cost him a legitimate shot at a Heisman Trophy. Would he have topped In-famous Jameis? Probably not, but he didn't get the invite, regardless - those three games hurt his overall season, yardage totals and possible records.

Again, I may not like it, but it is what it is. "Don't hate the player, hate the game," right?

+1 HS
Gametime's picture

I agree with understanding and accepting consequences for your actions when the responsibility is there, but at the same time I can't shake that a lot of "responsibility" is tempered by this faux outrage and idolistic culture of ours.

You said it best mentioning the "TMZ-fueled media/social media-obsessed culture" which works both ways - they can make you or break you in an instant based on predetermined perceptions, political correctness, culture catering, etc. In many ways, this media control is perhaps the most detrimental thing to our culture on the whole.

I've got to say AndyV, I feel it my soul to loathe "the game". I hate to accept the status quo rather than to question it, critique it, or outright tear it down. We the people are supposed to be the ones to make decisions through elected officials, yet what ends up happening is those who control money or interests use media to shape, indoctrinate, reinforce, & repackage non-sense that we just lay down and take collectively and I can't stand that mentality. 

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

AndyVance's picture

I hear you - and I agree. The fact that Johnny Football (The Money Badger) is revered by the same media that crucified Terrelle Pryor slays me.

+2 HS
DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

+ 1 soley for the Let Em Live reference.

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.
"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

+1 HS
mtrotb's picture

Been on Land Grant for two days.  He is a walk on.  This is the most press he will ever get.  Who cares.

mtrotb

+2 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

My opinion - he is a college kid doing college kid things. I myself was never 'busted' for underage drinking. However, it was more the good mood of campus police, security or local PD to look the other way, laugh, talk us down or them taking a few moments to explain why we need to wrap up the party or change our current behavior. Heck, I think my RA was harder on us than any legitimate officer ever was. No drugs, no abuse, no resisting arrest, no theft, nothing to see here fellas.

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

I would also like to add - meanwhile in another campus house Joey Bosa and Vonn Bell are playing Edward 40-hands laughing at Fada for getting busted.

+1 HS