Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Why Not Jake Diebler?

+15 HS
Bignut's picture
March 2, 2024 at 8:28am
162 Comments

I have to say that I have been very impressed by what Jake and the coaching staff have done so far to finish up the BIG regular season. They have beat Purdue, Michigan State at East Lansing, and an above average Nebraska team. The same team who couldn’t win hardly anything under Holtmann. 

So why not Jake Diebler? Yes, he doesn’t have a lot of head coaching experience but that’s how all coaches start out. The players seem to love him and buy into what he is doing. The fans seem to like the type of basketball he is running. He is an Ohio guy who seems to recruit fairly well. I just don’t see the upside hiring a guy like Sean Miller who would cost a heck of a lot more and who wouldn’t necessarily bring winning to the program (Look at Xavier this year). We would keep most of the guys around with Jake and I think he could bring in some good transfers to help build this program into next year. I know the season isn’t over but I have bought into Diebler being the next head coach next season. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 162 Comments