Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Top 2025 Ohio Prospect Darryn Peterson to Transfer From CVCA (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) to Huntington Prep in West Virginia

Josh Poloha's picture
August 2, 2023 at 9:05pm
10 Comments

The No. 3 overall recruit and top Ohio prospect in the 2025 class, Darryn Peterson will transfer from Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy (Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio) to Huntington Prep in West Virginia, he announced Wednesday.

With a .9991 247Sports' composite rating, Peterson is the second-best Ohio prospect in the modern recruiting era, behind only LeBron James (1.000 in 2003). 

In two seasons at CVCA, Peterson earned Division II All-Ohio and All-Northeast Inland District honors for both seasons, including being named the PAC-7 and Division II Northeast Inland District Player of the Year and a finalist for the Ohio Mr. Basketball Award.

This summer, Peterson helped lead the United States Under 16 boys basketball team to a gold medal at the FIBA Americas championship.

When Peterson received an offer from Ohio State in August 2021, it was a moment he won't forget.

“I was excited as ever because that’s my hometown. So I loved that one,” Peterson told Eleven Warriors. “And I knew some people there; Malaki Branham, Meechie (Johnson), I knew those guys. So those were big homies for me. … (The coaches) talk to my dad more than me. The relationship’s there. I love those guys.”

A top target for Ohio State in 2025, Chris Holtmann and three of his assistant coaches were all present to watch the No. 3 overall player in the 2025 class play at the Adidas 3SSB event in Rock Hill, South Carolina last month.

Peterson also holds offers from Alabama, Baylor, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kansas State, Kentucky, LSU, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, TCU, Texas, West Virginia, Xavier and Wisconsin, among others. The list will only continue to grow for the 6-foot-5, 195-pound guard, especially at a notable high school in the national recruiting landscape.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments