Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

2023-2024 Men's Basketball Rotation

+9 HS
nomatta's picture
May 3, 2023 at 6:39pm
57 Comments

The roster is very likely set. I am curious about what people think the starters/rotation/depth chart is gonna look like. This could go a lot of different ways. Let's get into it and discuss the hell out of this! I will start with a simple prediction on the chart 1-5 including wherever a player might play some minutes (that aren't complete one-off minutes).

Thornton / Bonner / Chatman
Gayle / Bonner / Chatman / Hardman
Mahaffey / Middleton / Gayle / Battle
Battle / Royal / Mahaffey / Etzler / Key
Okpara / Key / Parks

There is a lot of positional flexibility on this roster. You could probably go even more extreme than I did and have Middleton play a little at the 2 or the 4 or Chatman at the 3 and so on, but yeah.

I am extremely torn on Okpara vs. Parks starting and I think that will be determined by who the other starters are. If we go with starting three guards then I think you need the consistency of Zed's rebounding unless Okpara improves a lot in that area. If we start Mahaffey, then I think it makes it easier to start Okpara because I believe Mahaffey will help a lot on the glass. If we start Middleton I go back to thinking maybe Zed starts because Middleton isn't much of a rebounder even at the HS level. In most line-up scenarios I feel like I am seeing some need for Zed's post offensive ability, but don't want to short Okpara's minutes because he raises the defensive ability of this team considerably. In fact, a Bonner / Gayle / Middleton / Mahaffey / Okpara line-up would be INSANE on defense, but also probably terrible on offense. So it's gonna be a balancing act.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments